Forums

ForumsPopular Media

'90's Cartoons list: How many have YOU seen?

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 5:43pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

I could name at least 10 on your list that are still being aired today.

Thanks for showing your superiority. What part of "If I missed some, post them" did you not understand?

You still can.. It's over 500+ episodes in English subbed, and over 250+ in English dubbed. .-. It's an anime so it's easy to find. Just search for it.

Unfortunately, it's completely ridiculous. But it always was.

Ah yeah, I remember Jackie Chan Adventures. That show was also awesome, but I missed a part in the middle, then the stuff got crazy fast and I was confused, so I never did finish it...Maybe I should do that sometime. Hm.

"Bad day bad day BAD DAY!!"

Does claymation count? I hope it does, because apparently I watched a ton of the stuff, and not just Wallace & Grommit either.

It counts if it was an actual TV series. Please do not add "Robot Chicken" to the list.

I wish there was an 80s list, that way some of the most incredible titles like He-Man, Master of the Universe, and BraveStarr would make the list.

I was born in '92, so I don't have a very clear memory of the 80s. You can make a separate list, but it'd probably be easier to just post it here and title it "80's Cartoons: Proof that you're old enough to be on Armor Games!"

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 5:45pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

I could name at least 10 on your list that are still being aired today.

Oh, sorry. I misread your post. In that case, what's your point? They still qualify. This thread is about naming the ones you saw, the ones you liked and the ones that made your weekend.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 5:55pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

Out of all the excellent lines from all the old cartoons, my favorite has to be "Jade! Yoo are on tha ceiling?!....YOO HAVE THA ROOSTER TALISMAN!" How the heck did they get him to voice-act that series??

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 6:09pm

Gantic

Gantic

9,744 posts

I'd feel old in this thread if Devoidless and Strop hadn't posted. You can totally tell how old people are by what cartoons they're posting. I've watched almost every US cartoon made in the 90's and some of the Canadian ones as well.

One's that haven't been listed, some of which were totally (j)awesome as a kid. A lot of them are from before the FCC ruined things on network TV. :(
Captain Planet and the Planeteers
Freakzoid!
Earthworm Jim
Extreme Dinosaurs
Street Sharks
Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys
King Arthur and the Knights of Justice
Double Dragon
Mummies Alive!
The Magic Schoolbus
Where on Earth is Carmen Sandiego?

Others that I can't be bothered to look up the intro for:
Eek! The Cat
The Terrible Thunderlizards
What-A-Mess
Pocket Dragon Adventures
Adventures from the Book of Virtues
Anatole
Babar
Pippi Longstocking
Mr. Bogus
Widget, the World Watcher
Bunch of ones based on movies that were released around that time like The Mask, Aladdin, Hercules, etc.
Superhero cartoons for Batman, Superman, Spiderman, the X-men, etc.
War Planets (aka Shadow Raiders in Canada)
Action Man
ReBoot
SwatKats
Samurai Pizza Cats
Mighty Ducks
Histeria!
The New Adventures of Zorro
Ned's Newt
The Dumb Bunnies

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 6:17pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

Wow, that was a sweep of nostalgia.. xD Thanks Gantic.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 8:29pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,348 posts

I guess I should feel honored that I gained responses from three mods and I didn't get banned. That has to be worth something.

I recognize almost none of the shows Gantic posted. Are you sure those are 90's cartoons? Eh I guess I missed the early 90's cartoons. But none of them had the line "JADE! Yoo are on tha ceiling?...YOO HAVE THA ROOSTER TALISMAN!" How can you not love a kid-friendly version of Jackie Chan beating the crap out of an infinite number of ninjas?

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 8:43pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

Are you sure those are 90's cartoons? Eh I guess I missed the early 90's cartoons.

Yup, they're from early 90's, probably why. We were both either infants/todlers or not even born yet. xD. But I still remember watching some when I was like 4 or 5. I have a good memory when it comes to that.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 6:27am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Cheers to Gantic who posted quite a few titles that I've seen but forgotten. At the same time I watched Captain Planet (you should at least watch the Captain Planet parody on Robot Chicken... okay maybe not), I also watched a similar environmental awareness cartoon named Widget the World Watcher (where did they come up with these titles!?) ...oh wait Gantic has that one on his list. But one I don't spot from the same time is SuperTed omg omg such nostalgiaaaaaaa.

Something that came from waaaaay back but was rebroadcast in the 90s is Roger Ramjet (such a title, I suspect, would not make it past today's censors).

There was also a most excellent late 90s cartoon that didn't make the list, not so surprisingly because again, I was in exactly the target audience when it came out: Daria. Daria, incidentally, was a recurring character in a classic that predates most of you: Beavis & Butthead.

Please do not add "Robot Chicken" to the list.

I didn't think Robot Chicken was a 90s cartoon.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 9:15am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

I didn't think Robot Chicken was a 90s cartoon.

It's from 05, but the OP has cleared it up that it's 90's-00's.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 10:58am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

34,but two of those are Mr.Bogus and Magic Schoolbus.I watched a lot more of 00's cartoons,but 90's cartoons are pretty good.

Reply to '90's Cartoons list: How many have YOU seen?

You must be logged in to post a reply!