ForumsSupport ForumFlagging and Up Voting

27 3851
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hello Armor Games! I just wanted to remind everyone about the flagging and up voting features. It is surprising how little people tend to use these features, but they help the people who run the site out a lot. Here is a little run down of what each of them does:

Flagging: "Users have the ability to Flag a comment, which helps notify moderators if users are abusing the site." -Help page. When a comment is flagged, it sends it to us so that we can review it. This is a quick way to help us find and take care of SPAM. If we see that a lot of a users comments are getting flagged for being abusive, it helps us find it and take care of the problem more quickly. Everyone has the ability to flag comments. Check out the Commenting Rules & Regulations for more information of the type of comments that should be flagged.

Up Vote: "Each user has the ability to "Up Vote" a comment, which will allow the comment to become more prominent if several users click the Up Arrow next to the comment." -Help page. When a comment is up voted, it will make the text larger and more prominent. This makes it easier for the moderators and administrators to see the comment, and thus more likely for it to get a merit. Comments that are especially helpful and constructive should be up voted.

So don't forget to use these helpful tools!

• 27 Replies
wow4ever1212
wow4ever1212
192 posts
Shepherd

Woot, Thanks Carlie. That should help a lot of people find those merit worthy comments, and all of the Spammers that drop spam, then you can eat it up! (Delete it :P)

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

This is helpful Carlie,did ou sticky it?Oh and guys the Vote Up one is the arrow pointing up and the flag is the one for the spam.So just remember all of this stuff.And please don't click the flag unless its spam!And only click vote up if its a great comment!

purpledinosaur
purpledinosaur
679 posts
Peasant

dang that would haave helped a long time ago

spanky
spanky
97 posts
Nomad

Yeah that helps a bunch!

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

oh yea, i forgot about it completely , thanks for the reminder i guess

d0m1nated14
d0m1nated14
718 posts
Farmer

Thanks for this. Maybe i can find a way to get a merit now.

Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

I didn't really take into account that flagging up and voting up were actually helpful. Thanks for the heads up Carlie! God, sticky this! Definately useful for all users to know!

Retribution_999
Retribution_999
263 posts
Nomad

Isn't it in the FAQ? Oh never mind, this is useful here otherwise.

KingofSleeping
KingofSleeping
423 posts
Nomad

This must be stickied its awesome!

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Good job using it guys! I have seen some good up voted comments and some good flagged comments.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

good flagged comments

that confused me for a second. Anyway, its much easier now that i remember to use it lol.
TheMetalGrunt
TheMetalGrunt
113 posts
Nomad

I agree. It should be stickied. Very helpful. MAybe it will be easier for me to get my merit now!

SkullZero1
SkullZero1
511 posts
Nomad

wow, why didn't i know about up voting before?

someone here feels pretty nooby...

neptune
neptune
6 posts
Nomad

[b]yeah they should have intructions for what flaging and vote up are.

Eyes
Eyes
139 posts
Blacksmith

yeah they should have intructions for what flaging and vote up are.

The thing is, they do! Case in point, the first page of this thread... And, the help page.

You know, even if you don't have a specific problem, the help page provides general information that may prove useful in your everyday AG experience. Food for thought!
Showing 1-15 of 27