ForumsForum GamesBrytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

185 29935
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

it's the 8th century AD, britain is in an upheaval, all the various tribes are warring with each other. the various tribes are in a near constant state of warring, and bands of thieves and brigands around and even Germanic pirates pillaging around the coasts. You can be anything really, a trader, a general, a brigand, but you have to work up to it.

Sheet:

Name: Irish, Breton, Roman, or Celtic works best
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: at least 3 sentences
Perk: from above, i make
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe
Armor: Cloak
Misc.: 5 items of your choice, no weapons or armor
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
Condition: Fine
--------
Party:1/1
Troops: You
Morale: 100%
Condition: Eager

there, remember that i will place you depending on your bio, so specify where you originate please

• 185 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Irvin Durnlap
Physical Desc.: Mid length blonde hair, perky eyes, small build
Trait:Quick and hard to hit w/ ranged weapons
Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread
---------
Shillingas: 44
--------
Party:3/3
Troops: You, 2 Gebur Seaxe: (Peasant clothing, Sharpened wooden spear, Seax)

you know the warrior's tunic was one of the more expensive things he could sell, also there are more then 3 thieves

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread
---------
--------

Yeah I know.
IM DENYING HIS BUISNESS!
Anyways, I head back to the town and see if I can inspire more people to join my adventure to keep safety

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

you can only do it once every few days

denying business, when he is the only leatherworker in town

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Fairly good point. I invite all of my massive army to the local tavern (and by that I mean 2 ) to buy them a drink and to talk about tactics. After that I see what the weapons shop has to offer.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

what do you talk about?

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

How the weather is doing I don't know.
I then ask them if they ahve ever had any sort of combat experiance.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

not one lick, they are essentially farmers with tools

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Interesting.

I tell them that i will personally pay them if they emerge alive from this.
And with, I set off with them to fight the thieves. (forget the weapon shop)

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

as i said there are much more then 3 thieves

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Shoot i forgot....
So what are my options... I dont really know wha to do

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

Shoot i forgot....

mercs, putting the quest off for later, asking the village elder for something to do.

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Shoot i forgot....

Good idea. I go to consult with the village elder for a potential job/quest.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

"These thieves and Brigands, they've took all our grain, if you could head to the city and buy some, you can keep whatever money is left, take a horse and cart to help carry it."

add Horse & cart to inv and add 300 shillingas

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread, Horse, Cart
---------
Shillingas: 344
--------

I tell my small group that I will be gone for a couple days.

After that I head off to the city

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread, Horse, Cart
---------
Shillingas: 344
--------

why do you go by yourself?

Showing 136-150 of 185