Brytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 6:42pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

Name: Irvin Durnlap
Physical Desc.: Mid length blonde hair, perky eyes, small build
Trait:Quick and hard to hit w/ ranged weapons
Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe
Armor: Cloak
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread, Horse, Cart
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
Condition: Fine
Shillingas: 344
--------
Party:3/3
Troops: You, 2 Gebur Seaxe: (Peasant clothing, Sharpened wooden spear, Seax)
Morale: 100%
Condition: Eager

Also Copse was not a misspell

you follow the tracks, you end up in gentle hills, when you crest one you find a group of 10 men, fighting at least 30 lightly armed and armored bandits, you see a Flag emblazoned on all 10 men's shields, they all wear Leather vests and have short spears and small shields

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 7:00pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread, Horse, Cart
---------
--------

I tell me men to be quite.... After the battle I will slowly confront the surviving team. Walking in on a battle can cause chaos and can cause me to be attacked.

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 7:02pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

---------
---------
--------

well it does seem that the 10 men are losing against the numerical superiority of the 30

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 7:28pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

---------
---------
--------

Valid Point.
I tell my men to charge next to the men with shields (the 'good' guys)
Then , I run over and un-hitch the cart from my horse so that I can ride on the horse into combat. I yell to the shield-men "Behold! The great Irvin has come to save yee!!" {Hopefully this tells them I'm on their side and they won't attack me.

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 7:43pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

---------
---------
--------

you get on the horse and ride down, to join their line, they've retreated from each other for the few seconds of rest before another charge.

Also good luck using a dagger on a horse

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 7:54pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

---------
---------
--------

Thank you. I want to trample the thieves with my horse, and, if i can, throw my dagger at a thief.

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 8:10pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

---------
---------
--------

throwing a knife on horseback, hehehe

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 8:47pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

---------
---------
--------

I HAVE SKILL
Now start combat!

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 8:57pm

loco5

loco5

1,289 posts

---------
---------
--------

skill=/=perfection

Well you have now joined his shield line, the commander yelps a command and they take off against the Unrights (old timey term for bandits)

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 9:04pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

---------
---------
--------

Right.... so what do I do know?

Reply to Brytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

You must be logged in to post a reply!