ForumsForum GamesBrytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

185 29969
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

it's the 8th century AD, britain is in an upheaval, all the various tribes are warring with each other. the various tribes are in a near constant state of warring, and bands of thieves and brigands around and even Germanic pirates pillaging around the coasts. You can be anything really, a trader, a general, a brigand, but you have to work up to it.

Sheet:

Name: Irish, Breton, Roman, or Celtic works best
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: at least 3 sentences
Perk: from above, i make
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe
Armor: Cloak
Misc.: 5 items of your choice, no weapons or armor
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
Condition: Fine
--------
Party:1/1
Troops: You
Morale: 100%
Condition: Eager

there, remember that i will place you depending on your bio, so specify where you originate please

• 185 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name: Irvin Durnlap
Physical Desc.: Mid length blonde hair, perky eyes, small build
Trait:Quick and hard to hit w/ ranged weapons
Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home
Perk:
---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread
---------
--------

that's hardly a bio

it's nothing intense and about killing you, it's a rowdy tavern

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:
---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread
---------
--------

SRY (made a better bio)

By the way, I walk over to the Innkeeper and ask him why im in a tavern, and how i got there.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:
---------
---------
--------

i'll read it in a little while, a little busy

well you needed a place to sleep, and that is better then the muddy roads, so there is that, this isn't a spy mystery, you are living the usual medieval life right now

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Name:Bodin
Physical Desc.: Tall,Red Hair,Average build,Various tattoos on body and face
Trait: Pict Blood: You are (believed to be) descended fro mthe assyrians, and you have a natural warring nature, that means you are skilled at commanding small contingents of men
Bio: Born in village near border so his father trained him and his brothers fighting skills from childhood to protect their home and family but when his brothers died in battle he started joining raiding parties and more he went raiding more he like it in the end he was more on enemy territory than in his village and more his blood lust and wish for vengeance grew.
Perk: Pictish Raider: you are skilled at throwing weapons
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe, Club
---------
Shillingas: 48
--------

Take my weapons out and wait for horsemen attack
When moving in group/army can you also tell me commander order after describing situation

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name:Bodin
Physical Desc.: Tall,Red Hair,Average build,Various tattoos on body and face
Trait: Pict Blood: You are (believed to be) descended fro mthe assyrians, and you have a natural warring nature, that means you are skilled at commanding small contingents of men
Bio: Born in village near border so his father trained him and his brothers fighting skills from childhood to protect their home and family but when his brothers died in battle he started joining raiding parties and more he went raiding more he like it in the end he was more on enemy territory than in his village and more his blood lust and wish for vengeance grew.
Perk: Pictish Raider: you are skilled at throwing weapons
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe, Club
---------
Shillingas: 48
--------

the commanders orders are very simple, since in the din of battle he can't quite be giving detailed instructions, also the lack of education all around almost requires simple orders

which one

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

***Bump****

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Perk:
---------
---------
--------

"Are you offering employment?" I ask him. If he is, then I offer to fill the position (cash is very nice, especially in the start of RPGS )
If not, or if you can't get bartending jobs, then i walk outside.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
---------
--------

"Oi i could use someone to keep watch on this place over night and during the day. Are ye up for it? i pay 10 Shillingas a day"

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
---------
--------

If i accept this, how long in rl will i be unable to play? (like a page, or a day...)

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

none at all, i don't make you wait RL time

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Then i accept!

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

You accept his job, he replies "Oi, get here at 7." what do you do before the job starts

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Go outside and browse wherever the heck i am. (like know the village name, local shops, regional politics ect.)

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

Olina is about all you get, southern Britain of course, near the coast. You also overhear a rumor of bandit hideout in the forest

you can also try to recruit people, i will roll a D10 (10 sided die) to see how many people you get, it would be 3 shillingas to sufficiently equip them.

Showing 106-120 of 185