ForumsForum GamesBrytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

185 29845
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

it's the 8th century AD, britain is in an upheaval, all the various tribes are warring with each other. the various tribes are in a near constant state of warring, and bands of thieves and brigands around and even Germanic pirates pillaging around the coasts. You can be anything really, a trader, a general, a brigand, but you have to work up to it.

Sheet:

Name: Irish, Breton, Roman, or Celtic works best
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: at least 3 sentences
Perk: from above, i make
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe
Armor: Cloak
Misc.: 5 items of your choice, no weapons or armor
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
Condition: Fine
--------
Party:1/1
Troops: You
Morale: 100%
Condition: Eager

there, remember that i will place you depending on your bio, so specify where you originate please

• 185 Replies
hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Name: Irvin Durnlap
Physical Desc.: Mid length blonde hair, perky eyes, small build
Trait:Quick and hard to hit w/ ranged weapons
Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread
---------
--------

I work at the inn for some cash... Need cash to build an army!
If i get enough cash then i can fund a small army. I work for 6 days... if i can

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread
---------
Shillingas: 50
--------

not army, more like band of armed farmers

also you have some money

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
Shillingas: 50
--------

In time i will have an army and there will be no Dark Age under my rule!
Ok i go to recruit people.. Saying things like 'We are not safe here with them out there.'

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
Shillingas: 44
--------
Party:3/3
Troops: You, 2 Gebur Seaxe: (Peasant clothing, Sharpened wooden spear, Seax)

you get all of 2 people for 6 shillingas

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

crap i expected more
What can i buy (a leader needs better equipment)

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

there is a smithy and a leather worker, but it's not market day, so it's gonna have a smaller stock

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

No matter i browse both of the shops.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

you head to the leatherworker, he has a various hide cloaks, and higher priced warrior tunics and padded leather

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Can i get a list of everything at the two shops, along with prices?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

no, because nothing has a listed price and there is no solid stock, haggling is about 90% of the ancient economy, and he can make a lot of things for you, it's just that the premade things are easier and faster to buy

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Ok
I say to the leather worker 'I will take that warrior's tunic for 10 shillings.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

"Aye i gotta feed my family, 60." he states flatly

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

I frown and ask him if he wants his family slaughtered. I then say that there is a group of well armed and and well trained criminals out in the woods, waiting to prey on unsuspecting folk. '34 Shillings' I say to him

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

"My family is slaughtered or dies of hunger either way, 50."

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

I walk away and gather my troops and head out into the forest to look for the thieves

Showing 121-135 of 185