ForumsForum GamesBrytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

185 29836
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

it's the 8th century AD, britain is in an upheaval, all the various tribes are warring with each other. the various tribes are in a near constant state of warring, and bands of thieves and brigands around and even Germanic pirates pillaging around the coasts. You can be anything really, a trader, a general, a brigand, but you have to work up to it.

Sheet:

Name: Irish, Breton, Roman, or Celtic works best
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: at least 3 sentences
Perk: from above, i make
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe
Armor: Cloak
Misc.: 5 items of your choice, no weapons or armor
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
Condition: Fine
--------
Party:1/1
Troops: You
Morale: 100%
Condition: Eager

there, remember that i will place you depending on your bio, so specify where you originate please

• 185 Replies
hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Name: Irvin Durnlap
Physical Desc.: Mid length blonde hair, perky eyes, small build
Trait:Quick and hard to hit w/ ranged weapons
Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread, Horse, Cart
---------
Shillingas: 344
--------
Party:3/3
Troops: You, 2 Gebur Seaxe: (Peasant clothing, Sharpened wooden spear, Seax)

I only have one horse and do not want to buy some for them. If they have steeds, then I say they can come

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: Was raised in a small cottage near a lake. Dad was a fisherman, never knew his mother and strives to get away from his childhood home. Had little friends and was always afraid that something was out to get him. Often times he would slip out into the woods and live there, thinking about his true idenity and purpose in this world. Above everything, he loves staring at full moons and sketching pictures of it.
Perk:Natural Woodsman, you get a slight bonus to hiding and fighting in the woods
---------
Misc.: Fishing pole,flint and steel set, family heirloom (ring), a flask of water, stale bread, Horse, Cart
---------
--------

since the horse is pulling a cart, it's not gonna be speeding

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

True... I guess they can ride in the cart.
Off we go!

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

the city is quite a ways away, a days worth of travel, you travel for 5 hours *rolling for encounters* The first two hours are uneventful, but the last three you are traveling and see the signs of men going off the road and of into the hills, at least 10 of them.

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

I keep going. If they could even be hostile, I would easily be overwhelmed, and I have the mission to sell this grain.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

tis nightfall now though

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Good point. Can I make camp?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

well you are near the tracks, there is copse nearby, and on the other side of a road is flat and grassy

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Ok back to square one. I will follow the men.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

Also Copse was not a misspell

you follow the tracks, you end up in gentle hills, when you crest one you find a group of 10 men, fighting at least 30 lightly armed and armored bandits, you see a Flag emblazoned on all 10 men's shields, they all wear Leather vests and have short spears and small shields

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

I tell me men to be quite.... After the battle I will slowly confront the surviving team. Walking in on a battle can cause chaos and can cause me to be attacked.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

well it does seem that the 10 men are losing against the numerical superiority of the 30

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Valid Point.
I tell my men to charge next to the men with shields (the 'good' guys)
Then , I run over and un-hitch the cart from my horse so that I can ride on the horse into combat. I yell to the shield-men "Behold! The great Irvin has come to save yee!!" {Hopefully this tells them I'm on their side and they won't attack me.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

you get on the horse and ride down, to join their line, they've retreated from each other for the few seconds of rest before another charge.

Also good luck using a dagger on a horse

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Thank you. I want to trample the thieves with my horse, and, if i can, throw my dagger at a thief.

Showing 151-165 of 185