ForumsForum GamesBrytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

185 29933
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

it's the 8th century AD, britain is in an upheaval, all the various tribes are warring with each other. the various tribes are in a near constant state of warring, and bands of thieves and brigands around and even Germanic pirates pillaging around the coasts. You can be anything really, a trader, a general, a brigand, but you have to work up to it.

Sheet:

Name: Irish, Breton, Roman, or Celtic works best
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: at least 3 sentences
Perk: from above, i make
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe
Armor: Cloak
Misc.: 5 items of your choice, no weapons or armor
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
Condition: Fine
--------
Party:1/1
Troops: You
Morale: 100%
Condition: Eager

there, remember that i will place you depending on your bio, so specify where you originate please

• 185 Replies
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Name: Pyrs Dunlap
Physical Desc.: Blonde, solidly built, scar under eye on left cheek
Trait: Solid build: 10 extra HP
Bio: Pyrs comes from a lower class Celtic family. During a raid of the Dunlap clan's village when he was 17, Pyrs got hit under the eye by the raider while he was protecting his sister, Toren. Toren, 16 at the time, was abducted by the raiders never to be seen again. Pyrs trained his body and mind to be better prepared, so that next time, no one would would come to harm when he was around.
Perk: Mental/physical training: you gain a passive armor bonus of 20
---------
Misc.: Sketch of Toren done by Pyrs, Family Ring, Flask
Shillingas: 50
---------
Health: 100/110
Armor Durability: 30/30
Condition: Gash on right arm
--------

I decide it might be time to change location, so I take my belongings and head out for a journey on the road. I try to find the nearest village and ask about the man I fought, keeping key details in mind of what he looked like, and a phrase he said that I didn't understand.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: Pyrs comes from a lower class Celtic family. During a raid of the Dunlap clan's village when he was 17, Pyrs got hit under the eye by the raider while he was protecting his sister, Toren. Toren, 16 at the time, was abducted by the raiders never to be seen again. Pyrs trained his body and mind to be better prepared, so that next time, no one would would come to harm when he was around.
---------
---------
--------

you go to the nearby village, the elder doesn't know anything bout the attack but says "You seem to have had a Pict going after your neck, i don't know what you did,but you either made someone angry, or you caught him on an off day."

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

---------
---------
--------

"A Pict? What's that? Also, if it isn't too much trouble, do you have anything for this cut on my arm? It would be much appreciated."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

he takes you to the local cleric at the chapel, assuming you aren't a Pagan. as the cleric lets some blood and puts rosewater on the wound

"The Picts are a mysterious and war mongering people up north, no one knows much about them."

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

---------
---------
--------

"Would you mind if I spent the night here in your village? I'll be moving along soon, but for tonight I need somewhere to stay. Also, is there anyone that you know of that might have more information on these Picts?"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

"Only the Picts themselves, and from your first encounter, you probably don't want to try. Also, you can sleep in one of the barns"

oh BTW, you can get armed villagers from the village, i'll roll a D10, and they're 3 Shillingas to arm them

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Name: Deniel Icenae
Physical desc: tall, lean but muscular, black hair, pale greyish skin
Trait: Scavenger (mo' loot!)
Bio: born of the very same Icenae clan that once led a rebellion against the Romans, the others of his village were killed in a raid. He was hidden, befuddled, 7 years old, in a box. Eventually he forced his way out and found the village burned to the ground. He found his way to civilisation after he was "adopted" by a rabbit, whom he killed and ate. He is rational and cynical.
Perk: Born Merchant (better prices for buying and selling at shops)
---------
Armour: Cloak
Misc.: Broach-pin (for the cloak), Empty Flask, sketch drawn by him as a child, piece of coloured glass
---------
Armour Durability: 30/30
---------
Party: 1/1
Troops: Me
Condition: Calm

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

How many can I take with me? Also, can we interact with other people in the RPG and will there be more stuff like the villager hiring that you'll tell me about?

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Yes. Please let us team up. Pleeease?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: born of the very same Icenae clan that once led a rebellion against the Romans, the others of his village were killed in a raid. He was hidden, befuddled, 7 years old, in a box. Eventually he forced his way out and found the village burned to the ground. He found his way to civilisation after he was "adopted" by a rabbit, whom he killed and ate. He is rational and cynical.
---------
Misc.: Broach-pin (for the cloak), Empty Flask, sketch drawn by him as a child, piece of coloured glass
---------
---------

What nationality are you?

---------
---------
--------

i roll a D10 at this point, so a possible 0-10

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

I'm Breton.

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Name:Bodin
Physical Desc: Tall,Black Hair,Massive
Trait:
Bio: When he was baby his village was attacked by bandits whole village was destroyed his parents killed and he taken by bandits he was raised by them and they teached him how to fight and survive until age of 21 he was fighting and robbing with them until one night he found out from drunk bandit that they killed his parents and destroyed his village that night he took knife and kill every bandit in camp
---------
---------
--------

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
---------

alright then, you are in the town of Dorce Ceaster, of the Briton populated, angle ruled tribe of the Gwissea. You wake up late in the morning in the tavern, leave after paying the bill and in the hustle of the morning you feel someone is following you in the muddy and unworked streets.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Name:Bodin
Physical Desc: Tall,Black Hair,Massive
Trait:
Bio: When he was baby his village was attacked by bandits whole village was destroyed his parents killed and he taken by bandits he was raised by them and they teached him how to fight and survive until age of 21 he was fighting and robbing with them until one night he found out from drunk bandit that they killed his parents and destroyed his village that night he took knife and kill every bandit in camp
---------
---------
--------