ForumsForum GamesBrytenwalda (British Dark Ages RPG)

185 29839
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

it's the 8th century AD, britain is in an upheaval, all the various tribes are warring with each other. the various tribes are in a near constant state of warring, and bands of thieves and brigands around and even Germanic pirates pillaging around the coasts. You can be anything really, a trader, a general, a brigand, but you have to work up to it.

Sheet:

Name: Irish, Breton, Roman, or Celtic works best
Trait: from the above, i make
Bio: at least 3 sentences
Perk: from above, i make
---------
Weapon: Short Seaxe
Armor: Cloak
Misc.: 5 items of your choice, no weapons or armor
---------
Health: 100/100
Armor Durability: 10/10
Condition: Fine
--------
Party:1/1
Troops: You
Morale: 100%
Condition: Eager

there, remember that i will place you depending on your bio, so specify where you originate please

• 185 Replies
dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Name: Pyrs Dunlap
Physical Desc.: Blonde, solidly built, scar under eye on left cheek
Trait: Solid build: 10 extra HP
Bio: Pyrs comes from a lower class Celtic family. During a raid of the Dunlap clan's village when he was 17, Pyrs got hit under the eye by the raider while he was protecting his sister, Toren. Toren, 16 at the time, was abducted by the raiders never to be seen again. Pyrs trained his body and mind to be better prepared, so that next time, no one would would come to harm when he was around.
Perk: Mental/physical training: you gain a passive armor bonus of 20
---------
Misc.: Sketch of Toren done by Pyrs, Family Ring, Flask
Shillingas: 35
---------
Health: 100/110
Armor Durability: 30/30
Condition: Gash on right arm
--------
Party:6/6
Troops: You, 5 Gebur Jutes (Peasants clothing, pitchforks, clubs.)

Before I decide to attack, I try to talk it out with them, keeping my hand near my seaxe in case of a random attack. I try to speak to their better side, saying there are other ways to get money than assaulting random passersby.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: Pyrs comes from a lower class Celtic family. During a raid of the Dunlap clan's village when he was 17, Pyrs got hit under the eye by the raider while he was protecting his sister, Toren. Toren, 16 at the time, was abducted by the raiders never to be seen again. Pyrs trained his body and mind to be better prepared, so that next time, no one would would come to harm when he was around.
---------
---------
--------

so you say?

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

Name:Bodin
Physical Desc.: Tall,Red Hair,Average build,Various tattoos on body and face
Trait: Pict Blood: You are (believed to be) descended fro mthe assyrians, and you have a natural warring nature, that means you are skilled at commanding small contingents of men
Bio: Born in village near border so his father trained him and his brothers fighting skills from childhood to protect their home and family but when his brothers died in battle he started joining raiding parties and more he went raiding more he like it in the end he was more on enemy territory than in his village and more his blood lust and wish for vengeance grew.
Perk: Pictish Raider: you are skilled at throwing weapons
---------
---------
--------

Hahahha
Well i dont stand chance against 2 raiders try to hide among village house so they dont have advantage of open ground

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Trait: Pict Blood: You are (believed to be) descended fro mthe assyrians, and you have a natural warring nature, that means you are skilled at commanding small contingents of men
Bio: Born in village near border so his father trained him and his brothers fighting skills from childhood to protect their home and family but when his brothers died in battle he started joining raiding parties and more he went raiding more he like it in the end he was more on enemy territory than in his village and more his blood lust and wish for vengeance grew.
---------
---------
--------

2? more like 9

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Call for help there must be some solders or call villagers they must protect their village

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

they don't have to, a lot of times it's easier for a villager to run then protect his home

anywho most of the villagers are running, alos no soldiers in a village

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Well if they dont care why would i.. i run away from village to nearest forest so it would be little harder for horsemen to catch me if they go after me

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Haha right, forgot to be specific :P

---------
---------
--------

I talk to the leader, saying "I'm sorry if we entered your 'turf,' but we don't mean to cause any harm. I would rather get through this without a violent altercation occurring. There are other ways to get money than to rob those on the road. I am keeping my money, but the choice is yours. I do hope you choose the peaceful path."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

all it would have tanken was a someone to rally them, but whatever, you escape into some very hilly terrain, but fidn yourself lost

ubica88
ubica88
2,188 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
--------

Look for some high hill so i can orientate and observe surrounding

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

nothing really dominates except a few tall mountains

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

"I don't care about what you want, i'll take that coinpurse, and you'll be on your way."

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

---------
---------
--------

"Do you think it wise to antagonize me? We're more well-fed, and surprisingly, better equipped for this fight, if not equal. We're also more mentally stable, as we haven't been fending for ourselves on the road for an indefinite amount of time. Face it, you try and fight us for this little amount of money I have, and you're going to lose. Here. I'll cut you a deal. Two shillingas for each of you and I'll be on my way, not fighting back. Refuse, and we have a fight that you will lose on your hands. Take it..or leave it."

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
---------
--------

he seems angry, and immediately his hand goes for his axe

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

---------
---------
--------

"I can see you're not going to think this rationally through. Fine. Everyone, form a circle facing outward, and fight back."

I then precede to do a quick attack with my seaxe aimed at the leaders throat, attempting to move fast enough to hit before his axe is pulled out. After my first attack, I retreat back to the circle and retaliate to any attacks hereafter, aiming for vital spots such as the throat and stomach.

Showing 46-60 of 185