Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Gardening

Posted Jan 28, '13 at 7:32pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,137 posts

Knight

I've been fairly successful in the past couple years with gardening actually. (Won first place in the county fair for corn.)

This year, I'm going to focus completely on garlic. Probably going to plant close to 50 cloves, just to make sure my family has an ample supply. (We all love garlic.)

Posted Jan 28, '13 at 9:11pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

I want to get into gardening, mostly herbs, but alas, it is winter. I know the planting time is spring but can you guys give me an example on what type of herb is a good easy starting plant for me to work on in 2013?

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 11:13am

xeano321

xeano321

3,137 posts

Knight

can you guys give me an example on what type of herb is a good easy starting plant for me to work on in 2013?

My Mom planted basil last year. It was in partial sun (only like 2 hours in the morning, then shade the rest of the day) and it did great. Low maintenance too, just give it a little water every morning. (Fresh basil is great with pasta sauce.)

Only herb plant that we've tried, so it's the the only recommendation I can give. (I'm not Jerry Baker, so I can't guarantee you with the same success.)

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 4:58pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

Only herb plant that we've tried, so it's the the only recommendation I can give. (I'm not Jerry Baker, so I can't guarantee you with the same success.)

who's Jerry Baker.....
oh well. Thanks for the advice. I use to grow cacti when I was younger, but I live in Michigan, so they kind of died.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 5:25pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,137 posts

Knight

who's Jerry Baker.....

You don't know who Jerry Baker is? He's only Americas master gardener.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 5:56pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

You don't know who Jerry Baker is?

Wrong hes also an entrapeaneur.... (totally botched that word...)

Reply to Gardening

You must be logged in to post a reply!