ForumsThe TavernGardening

15 3353
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

*Well pang! I didn't know you were into gardens! =D*
*bluntly* I'm not, but this forum is due for some more threads

Yeah..I'm not into the agricultural scene..but I do believe there has to be one or 2 people out there that are. So this is for you, people with the green thumbs! Talk about your gardening exploits!

• 15 Replies
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,508 posts
Jester

Freakenstein is into gardening. But of course! He's a mountain dwarf. Unfortunately, it is Winter time and he has to wait until March to plant.

I have several corn, squash, pea, tomato, and cucumber seeds in the freezer ready to plant in my 10x30 area when that time comes.

jezz
jezz
3,337 posts
Farmer

When I moved into this house (which I share with 5 other students), the garden was an absolute wreck. There were SO many weeds, overturned council bins, litter, huge panes of broken fence, a pile of bricks and logs and 2 massive tree roots. We complained because we were asked in the contract to clear the garden and leave it tidy, which would have been impossible (!!!), so the landlord got in a gardener the next day and he spend 3 consecutive days and nights in the cold making our garden spotless.

We helped though. If pulling the little weeds between the patio slabs out is helping?

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Hey Jezz, every time I see your armatar, I think about Lady Gaga. xD
I don't do gardening but I'd like to grow my own stuff for cooking (not for smoking).

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

The house I live in now doesn't have room for a garden. It is sad. In my old house though we had a small garden. Grew some tomatoes, basil, carrots, and oregano. It was nice. We actually have little planters for tomato plants right now. Seeing how it is winter though it doesn't' really work.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I have a cactus garden. The great variety of shapes and sizes makes them fun to collect. Plus, most species can grow anywhere with a little accommodation, so they will still look great even if they get neglected.

PauseBreak
PauseBreak
317 posts
Templar

I live in an apartment. I plant whatever I can, some flowers but meanly eatable plants. Crops in pots I guess is the term. The landlord didn't fancy that the most of it wasn't flowers and threw a FIT. Good for me, nowhere in the contract does it mention or state anything but the control of gardens on my piece of lot. So too bad for the landlord this year, because I'm growing my stuff again.

Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

My family grows peas and lots of it. I hate picking them and shelling them. I hate the process of making the garden in the first place; thankfully I've never had to plow. But they taste good.

JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

I have a garden. It's in a triangular shape though, weird right? I planted zucchini, strawberries, tomatoes, cucumber, and regular flowers. They were all delicious!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Gardening huh... I've only gardened once and that was in school. We grew flowers, I however ate some of the seeds.

Here's a tip: never use me as a gardening buddy.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

I've been fairly successful in the past couple years with gardening actually. (Won first place in the county fair for corn.)

This year, I'm going to focus completely on garlic. Probably going to plant close to 50 cloves, just to make sure my family has an ample supply. (We all love garlic.)

hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

I want to get into gardening, mostly herbs, but alas, it is winter. I know the planting time is spring but can you guys give me an example on what type of herb is a good easy starting plant for me to work on in 2013?

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

can you guys give me an example on what type of herb is a good easy starting plant for me to work on in 2013?

My Mom planted basil last year. It was in partial sun (only like 2 hours in the morning, then shade the rest of the day) and it did great. Low maintenance too, just give it a little water every morning. (Fresh basil is great with pasta sauce.)

Only herb plant that we've tried, so it's the the only recommendation I can give. (I'm not Jerry Baker, so I can't guarantee you with the same success.)
hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

Only herb plant that we've tried, so it's the the only recommendation I can give. (I'm not Jerry Baker, so I can't guarantee you with the same success.)

who's Jerry Baker.....
oh well. Thanks for the advice. I use to grow cacti when I was younger, but I live in Michigan, so they kind of died.
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

who's Jerry Baker.....

You don't know who Jerry Baker is? He's only Americas master gardener.
hardigra
hardigra
189 posts
Nomad

You don't know who Jerry Baker is?

Wrong hes also an entrapeaneur.... (totally botched that word...)
Showing 1-15 of 15