ForumsThe TavernChrome and .sol Files

9 50926
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I use Chrome sometimes to play flash games, but I notice that Chrome no longer stores the .sol files in the same location Firefox does (if Chrome is even storing them at all). Where/how does Chrome handle the .sol files? I want to know so I can back up my local flash gaming saves when I play in Chrome.

• 9 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

age=1">I found this.

A few months ago a Chrome update caused Chrome to stop saving .sol files at all. Try updating your Chrome if the link doesn't do anything.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

So if I'm in Chrome there is no .sol file at all?

That seems like what happened. I the link took me to a site with a bunch of removed photobucket pictures and a navigation to the .sol files (or where they usually are). Was that the proper site?

How does Chrome remember my data?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I think it stores it in the cache if I'm not mistaken. Don't hold my word on that one, not a chrome user.

Thanks, I never considered that. To my inexperienced ear that sounds right.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

C:\\\\Users\\\\USERNAME\\\\AppData\\\\Roaming\\\\Macromedia\\\\Flash Player\\\\#SharedObjects

This is the thing, I played battle for darkness in Firefox at around 2 pm. Later, I played the game in chrome at around 6 pm. I then navigated to the .sol file and noticed that it was last modified at 2:03pm. There was only one .sol file. TO me this indicates that Firefox saves the .sol files locally in that specific location while Chrome does something different.
nilu4ag
nilu4ag
2 posts
Nomad

Chrome uses a different storage folder...
(Just replace UserName by ur Username)

C:\\Users\\UserName\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\Pepper Data\\Shockwave Flash\\WritableRoot\\#SharedObjects

Cheers!!!

nilu4ag
nilu4ag
2 posts
Nomad

Again.. For unknown reasons, Two Slashes displayed -.- use only 1

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Lol, I didn't think this would get answered, but that is the location for .sol files in chrome. Nice, thanks : ] .

megacharizardxBlitz
megacharizardxBlitz
1 posts
Jester

i'v got this problem for some reason i don't have an appdata folder
any help?

adriaan5
adriaan5
2 posts
Jester

megacharizardxBlitz go to the tools drop-down menu and go to folder options then select the view tab and there should be a seetting to display hidden folders(not sure if you will get this as this post is old but here goes)

by the way this post has been very useful because I am permanently swapped to Chrome because I realized how much better Youtube and Flash Games run

Showing 1-9 of 9