Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Chrome and .sol Files

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 7:51pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,669 posts

I'm use Chrome sometimes to play the flash games, but I notice that Chrome no longer stores the .sol files in the same location Firefox does (if Chrome is even storing them at all). Where/how does Chrome handle the .sol files, I want to know so I can back up my local flash gaming saves when I play in Chrome.

Posted Jan 24, '13 at 9:51pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

I found this.

A few months ago a Chrome update caused Chrome to stop saving .sol files at all. Try updating your Chrome if the link doesn't do anything.

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 2:42am

Reton8

Reton8

2,669 posts

So if I'm in Chrome there is no .sol file at all?

That seems like what happened. I the link took me to a site with a bunch of removed photobucket pictures and a navigation to the .sol files (or where they usually are). Was that the proper site?

How does Chrome remember my data?

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 8:17pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

I think it stores it in the cache if I'm not mistaken. Don't hold my word on that one, not a chrome user.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 5:52am

Reton8

Reton8

2,669 posts

I think it stores it in the cache if I'm not mistaken. Don't hold my word on that one, not a chrome user.

Thanks, I never considered that. To my inexperienced ear that sounds right.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 6:30am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

While it does depend on the browser, you can usually find .sol files in shared objects in flash player.
To get there go to run, or click windows key + R, and copy&paste this path directory;
C:\\Users\\USERNAME\\AppData\\Roaming\\Macromedia\\Flash Player\\#SharedObjects
From there you can find every save file you locally stored on your computer.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 6:34am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

For some unknown reason my path directory decided to put two slashes instead of one -.-'

simple fix, instead of all the double slashes put only one and your username in there and it should lead you to victory.

Posted Jan 26, '13 at 8:19am

Reton8

Reton8

2,669 posts

C:\\\\Users\\\\USERNAME\\\\AppData\\\\Roaming\\\\Macromedia\\\\Flash Player\\\\#SharedObjects

This is the thing, I played battle for darkness in Firefox at around 2 pm. Later,  I played the game in chrome at around 6 pm. I then navigated to the .sol file and noticed that it was last modified at 2:03pm. There was only one .sol file. TO me this indicates that Firefox saves the .sol files locally in that specific location while Chrome does something different.

Posted Aug 8, '13 at 1:28pm

nilu4ag

nilu4ag

2 posts

Chrome uses a different storage folder...
(Just replace UserName by ur Username)

C:\\Users\\UserName\\AppData\\Local\\Google\\Chrome\\User Data\\Default\\Pepper Data\\Shockwave Flash\\WritableRoot\\#SharedObjects

Cheers!!!

Posted Aug 8, '13 at 1:31pm

nilu4ag

nilu4ag

2 posts

Again.. For unknown reasons, Two Slashes displayed -.- use only 1

Reply to Chrome and .sol Files

You must be logged in to post a reply!