Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Official Poetry Contests - Theme: Bold (due August 24)

Posted May 1, '13 at 12:28am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,276 posts

What are Floors? Floors are, unlike the ground, artefacts everyone uses everyday; yet, not one everyone has intimate experiences with (but certainly one everyone have intimate experiences upon), like computers or bowls. Floors are something everyone is comfortable with but it is also something to push everyone out of their comfort zone.

Question..did you just give us the obscure meaning you meant for the theme to encompass...after the round ended?

The images here seem confused, or maybe it's the construction. Unfortunately, I can make no sense of the middle line and without it, any meaning is incomplete.

I fail to see what is so confusing about the middle line? It even has two meanings

Standing ground..a location in which one stands. A place of solidity in one person's (i.e. the one finding fault within) in which he, many times, has stood. This idea gives the the location a much more personal level in regards to the man..implying that the "standing ground" was of his ownership and his responsibility.

Or

The location had been "standing ground" for times, implying that it has been quite durable and survived for quite some time. Then, with the self-blaming of the man in the third line, it becomes clear that the mold that destroyed the standing ground was his fault (implying he did not take enough care of the place)

Posted May 1, '13 at 6:55am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,005 posts

Knight

In what form does cold darkness take? Is floor 500 high enough to be in the outer atmosphere?

You clearly either didn't watch, or didn't remember that one Doctor Who episode :P

Posted May 1, '13 at 2:31pm

Parsat

Parsat

1,810 posts

Thanks for the excellent judging, Gantic. I note that my haiku is not only about floors, but also about this new theme, mamihlapinatapai, which is why I found the new theme doubly amusing.

Posted May 1, '13 at 9:40pm

HUA7XFan122396

HUA7XFan122396

76 posts

Haiku: Theme: Mamihlapinatapai

Two unspoken thoughts
A pair of eyes staring back
Asking me to start

Posted May 2, '13 at 12:55am

jmababa

jmababa

53 posts

nice haiku contest i'll submit one of my old haiku here its in the topic later i'll search my photobucket 1st

Posted May 2, '13 at 1:09am

jmababa

jmababa

53 posts

hope you guyz like my original poem  Innocence for the poetry contest this has a touch of truth in it this is what you feel if you lost someone or under depression

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/jmababa/GhostintheShell.jpg

Posted May 2, '13 at 1:11am

jmababa

jmababa

53 posts

oh yea forgot to add wallpaper ain't mine but poem is it's a fan art for ghost in the shell

Posted May 2, '13 at 1:55am

jmababa

jmababa

53 posts

My entry in haiku i hope my haiku is right also image and poem is originally mine it's one of my old haiku

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/jmababa/0e641cf8-cbc8-4a39-8425-f50136332204_zps47e540d7.jpg

Posted May 2, '13 at 2:06am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

touch of truth...Broken Bond

Those themes are done. The current theme for both contests is Mamihlapinatapai.

it's one of my old haiku

It must be created for the contest (no using works previously written)

lines of five, seven, and five syllables

Posted May 2, '13 at 4:00am

jmababa

jmababa

53 posts

oh din't know that was the theme sorry i've got nothing for that theme

Reply to Official Poetry Contests - Theme: Bold (due August 24)

You must be logged in to post a reply!