Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Super Mario Brothers game

Posted Jun 20, '08 at 3:59pm

cristof

cristof

2 posts

If anyone out there is interested in creating a Super Mario Brothers game, let me know! I know pretty much nothing about flash.... I'm a "traditional" graphic designer by trade (don't do web stuff very often).

I have recreated ALL the sprites for SMB1 in vector format (boredom/8-bit nerd) and was thinking it would be cool to remake some type of SMB game... or even if it was just a level creator and people could make levels, save them in a "main system", rate eachothers' levels, etc.

With the sprites already done, the "hard part" remains... a flash genious!! Email me if you are interested.

Posted Jun 20, '08 at 4:59pm

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,959 posts

Wait what? What do you mean vector format, can you gimme an example?

Posted Jun 21, '08 at 1:59am

Danstanta

Danstanta

1,786 posts

Well , are you talking about making a game of Mario?

Posted Jun 23, '08 at 1:05pm

cristof

cristof

2 posts

vector format just means the art can be scaled up to any size with out losing quality. flash's native drawing space is in vector format... the shapes, etc are drawn by mathematical formulas and quicker for a computer to process as compared to bitmap (pixel) images.

i created the sprites in adobe illustrator, so they are in vector format.

RE: Danstanta - yes, i was seeing if someone out there was currently making or interested in making a mario game/level editor.

Posted Jun 23, '08 at 3:10pm

KHROME

KHROME

652 posts

are you trying to create a mario bros. game for AG?

Posted Jun 23, '08 at 4:47pm

Klaushouse

Klaushouse

2,959 posts

Cristof that will be extremely difficult. Hence why SMB is so popular. You can see a lot of people trying to make mario. Very hard.

Posted Jun 23, '08 at 9:32pm

Sharkbate

Sharkbate

437 posts

When you make it give it awesome graphics.Make it a .swf file too so you can post it on armorgames.

Posted Jun 24, '08 at 3:20pm

Futuro

Futuro

110 posts

I personally think that if you were to try and make a SMB game for AG, that it would be extremely difficult and that you wouldn't be able to do it. Now, you can prove my wrong but I think that it is to hard and that you wouldn't be able to do it.

Posted Jun 24, '08 at 7:33pm

underwearboy

underwearboy

16 posts

Its a fun game but it would be to hard to add to AG but you should try to put it on AG.

Posted Jun 25, '08 at 9:32pm

MafiaSlayer

MafiaSlayer

164 posts

man all you gotta worry about is copy right

Reply to Super Mario Brothers game

You must be logged in to post a reply!