Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Air Jordans

Posted Jan 25, '13 at 10:03am

firedog12

firedog12

247 posts

Talk about upcoming releases on MJ shoes, legit shoe websites for people who need to know where to buy real ones, and talk about your favorite Air Jordans. (My favorites are the Air Jordan 7s, 5s, & 6s) You can also talk about stuff that happened when you were camping for shoes.

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 12:05am

xeano321

xeano321

2,598 posts

Knight

They are little too expensive for me... Why spend big bucks on something that just gets scraped against the ground its whole life?

Not only that, but some guy got killed where I live, and only his Air J's were stolen. 0_o

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 12:58am

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,596 posts

I'm not buying any. I'll just destroy them, the first chance I'll get. My feet are death wishes for shoes.

So I'm obviously not getting any.

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 2:57am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 3:52am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,553 posts

The only footwear I spend any real money on are my combat boots. Sure, they are not really cheap. But each pair lasts me for years and years. They're not a well recognized brand and dang nabbit, I like it that way.

People see my 'kicks' and ask me what they are. They have not seen them in the commercials or adverts in the papers. You know why? Quality products do not need million-dollar ad campaigns to sell their product. Or intellectually bereft masses waiting outside stores for a set of overpriced and shoddy footwear.  Word of mouth and quality construction are all real brands need.

Oh, and Jordan hasn't played basketball in years. Last sport he played was what, golf?

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 10:16am

killersup10

killersup10

1,789 posts

Can anyone explain what makes Air J's better than the other shoe companies?

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 11:16am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

Can anyone explain what makes Air J's better than the other shoe companies?

Hype. The same reason that moronic excuse for music Gangnam Style is so famous.
Me, I'll stick with my durable Lowa boots.

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 12:26pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Jordans may be overrated, to a dangerous level even, but to my knowledge, there's nothing inherently wrong with them. But I'm not a shoe collector, and functionality-wise, Jordans won't improve one's performance any more than a $30-$40 pair of sneakers will.

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 6:15pm

firedog12

firedog12

247 posts

Well we're not talking about the shoes we bought here now. I just made this thread so I can see which Jordans you like the best. I never said you have to tell me the collection of Jordans you have or anything. I just wanted to know other people's opinions on which shoes they like best. I wanted this thread to be more like a debate than just telling me what type of shoes you have on, you know?

Posted Jan 27, '13 at 6:19pm

firedog12

firedog12

247 posts

You can also talk about stuff that happened when you were camping for shoes.

I actually don't camp for shoes or anything. I just typed that in because sometimes there are some hardcore Jordans fans that will camp in shoe stores and sometimes crazy stuff will happen. Just to make the thread a little bit more interesting.

Reply to Air Jordans

You must be logged in to post a reply!