ForumsArt, Music, and Writing~Art by Storm~

29 13942
stormwolf722
stormwolf722
227 posts
Nomad

I had an art thread once before but I stopped posting art there. I think it got locked because I stopped drawing for a while, so I decided to make a new one Doodling/sketching is two of the many things I love to do. My art has no topic, I will post random pictures.
*All Criticism Appreciated*
This is a hand dangling a spider by its web.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/546932_239521756173412_1032523705_n.jpg

Please tell me what you think.

• 29 Replies
daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I have to ask Storm, are you using 1 pencil for each of these drawings or do you have a set of different ones?

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Oo, the chimera is cool. Very well blended in terms of animal mixture. I'd say the snake might not be as well blended, but fur to scales is just very difficult, so that's too big a deal. The shading underneath is nicely done showing that there is indeed a light source somewhere, so that's also good. The basic structures of each animal are also very sound, so nice job there

The owl's coat seems a little..thick to me. By thick, I mean the lines are too chunky to smoothly fit together and mesh well. It looks like you were going for a more down feather look, rather than the contour, so if so, it's a younger owl. Not too important, but anatomical proportionality is something to think about, though I don't really think the look is all too different.

The owl has a nice shape, though, and the eyes are quite piercing, which I like. The variance in coat color looks good, showing where the different colors are, and I like the pronunciation of the beak. Makes it stand out, as it should since it's coming further out.

Also, it looks like the owl has a beard, and that makes me smile, so thank you

Love both of them and I hope to see more animals!

stormwolf722
stormwolf722
227 posts
Nomad

Thankyou everyone

I have to ask Storm, are you using 1 pencil for each of these drawings or do you have a set of different ones?

I have a set of shading pencils. I mainly just use 3 though. Would it be better to use more? :P
stormwolf722
stormwolf722
227 posts
Nomad

I drew this off of a picture called the "clock in the eye" drawing, on deviantart.com. I cannot retrieve the link to the artists' picture because my computer at the moment isnt letting me open deviantart.com :/

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/318334_225633607562227_1983022871_n.jpg

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I really don't have anything I see that could be improved with that one, and it just looks plain awesome anyway

By the way, found the deviantart picture I think it was based off of.

stormwolf722
stormwolf722
227 posts
Nomad

Thanks! Deviant art is working now, I think it was just down for maintenance or something. I think this was one of my first &quoteople" drawings. Except this is supposed to be a statue. :P
http://i1156.photobucket.com/albums/p577/Stormwolf722/30b57a34-4755-4292-b0de-925d2e212011_zps3bc1eabc.jpg?t=1360020926

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

its a literal weeping angel!

(don't watch doctor who, just like saying that...)

stormwolf722
stormwolf722
227 posts
Nomad

Shawna Howson, also known as Nanalew from youtube. :3 Love her. This is her in one of her videos, Sail - Awolnation.

stormwolf722
stormwolf722
227 posts
Nomad

It did not send :[
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/525081_317219148403672_1320076293_n.jpg

Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

Nice drawings. The clock in the eye, the wolf and the weeping angel are the best for me but everything is good.

its a literal weeping angel!

(don't watch doctor who, just like saying that...)

Haha! Quite right. I was only eleven when I watched it and it really gave me the creeps!
stormwolf722
stormwolf722
227 posts
Nomad

Hmmm. How do I explain this not in a weird way. She has antlers. Antlers are cool okay? ...can I name my face drawings? no? yes? Yep, so doing it from now on. This is Aerowin guys.
(Still working on drawing faces, they aren't my best)
Any kind of criticism appreciated ^^

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/58858_325992640859656_159935226_n.jpg

toniboy123
toniboy123
1 posts
Nomad

la fermme a ma turin iraira ho !

Emerik7081
Emerik7081
1 posts
Nomad

Le dessin ait bizarre tu peus ètre ta fermme à maturin!

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,251 posts
Regent

Your drawings are great, I like the way you shade them but also the ideas. For example, I love how on the first picture the hand is not only holding the thread, but actually has a net spun between arm and hand. It's such details that make pictures alive.
However, it might look even more realistic if you had drawn the legs of the spider where they belong (on the thorax) and not on the abdomen. But don't worry too much about that, I'm finical when it comes to spider anatomy

Showing 16-29 of 29