ForumsNews and FeedbackBug Kill Day - January 2012

18 7011
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Just wanted to share with you guys about our Bug Kill Day here at Armor Games. It's a day just dedicated to fixing various things people have had trouble with or requested. Here is the list of things that are fixed...

Bugs:
-Users can recover their usernames the same way they can recover their passwords.
-Users now have an option to get sent their verification e-mail again.
-A new verification e-mail is in place that is less likely to catch on spam filters.
-Social shares are now improved with better images, better descriptive text and titles.
-HTTPS://armorgames.com now redirects to HTTP://armorgames.com
-Fixed an issue where we gave a limited amount of friend data to some MMOs
-Fixes involving underscores in usernames
-Letterbox images now correctly sized in our News section.
-Other magical tweaks behind the scenes that involve glittery unicorns.

Features:
-Quests are now condensed on user profile pages.
-You can now directly click on your name in the top bar to reach your profile.

If you see a bug, be sure to report it before the next bug kill day.

• 18 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Awesome! Look at your go Team Ferret and the Ferrettes =p

-You can now directly click on your name in the top bar to reach your profile.

Cool! But um..how do I go to edit profile or armatars now? It won't let me drop it down at all..
Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

It should open the menu when you move your cursor over it. It's not doing this? What browser are you on?

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Nope..it highlights it like it did before (before the bug kill day) when you would click on it to drop down the menu..but nothing happens

And Firefox

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Could you try clearing your cache? That's a very strange bug. Also, which version of firefox if you could.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I'm not sure which version..but it actually seems to be working now O.o odd

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

It should open the menu when you move your cursor over it. It's not doing this? What browser are you on?

Just to let you know, I cannot get the drop down thing on my phone. Not really a big deal though.
soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Well the new menu works perfectly for me

@Daleks it might work if you hold your finger on the menu button and then go down to "edit profile" or whatever and release.

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

@Daleks it might work if you hold your finger on the menu button and then go down to "edit profile" or whatever and release.

Already tried that. It just comes up with the menu that has Open in a new tab, save image, etc.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Cool! But um..how do I go to edit profile or armatars now? It won't let me drop it down at all.

Same here.. But I'm going to clear my cache to see if it works.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Ok yeah so clearing your cache helps in a lot of bugs that have been happening.. xD

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

I like the condensed quests, that makes it look less like a huge pileup when you get to that part of the profile. I also like being able to click directly on my username at the top. Thanks Ferret!

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Here's a bug:

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8369/92504289.png

It happened to me on Firefox.The quest button becomes displaced. Usually when I logout or change the page is when this happens, but it's not foten. I think it has happened in Chrome also.

I call the bug, "Lol, Oh Quest Button"

Ferret
Ferret
9,323 posts
Bard

Yes, sometimes the CSS is funky and you have to refresh the page a few times Reton8, but it will fix itself.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Yes, sometimes the CSS is funky and you have to refresh the page a few times Reton8, but it will fix itself.

All I had to do was delete my cache and it worked.
UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

I really like the condensed quests. i hate scrolling.^^
And the direct way to reach the profile is also a very nice feature. Thx for the changes.

Showing 1-15 of 18