ForumsPopular MediaEvery show you know is a lie!

20 10907
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

It seems to be the case nowadays. It's come to the point where any show with the title "reality" is a downright fake. In this thread I will probably crush the entertainment and hopes of many so be ye forewarned.

This will be divided into 3 sections, fake shows, somewhat fake shows and real shows that people think are fake (probably not going to have a single show in it)

Fake shows
WWE wrestling which means that RAW too is fake. I'm sure this will surprise very few but it is fake (painfully obvious too) and they do try to make it looks real so it must be added.

Amish Mafia. Who actually believes this first? Somehow it's the second most watched program on cable TV but it is so very fake. What's fake about it? Know you nothing of the Amish?

Breaking Amish. Yes those people were Amish, but in reality they hadn't been Amish for more than enough time before the show started.

Storage Wars which I'm assuming also means Storage Wars Texas. It's a set up, they buy the storage units ahead of time (the show I believe) and plant interesting and valuable things in them to make the show more popular. In addition some of the auctions are set up so the producers plan who gets the locker ahead of time.

Property Wars. The camera crews (at least) look inside the houses ahead of time, that's all I know but I'm sure there's more fake than that.

Pawn Stars. They don't actually buy any of that, it's been said that you can go in there and not see a thing that they claim to buy. Also, someone went in their and asked and Rick said it was fake.

Bering Sea Gold. I'm not aware of how it's fake but I do know that it is fake.

Somewhat fake shows

Gold Rush Alaska. They make it look like the breakdowns are closer together than they actually are adding fake drama.

Real shows you probably thought were fake

Ditto.

• 20 Replies
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Another thing I forgot. It wasn't Bering Sea Gold that was fake, it was Jungle Gold.

Lol right when I saw Bering Sea I thought you were gonna say Deadliest Catch lol... But that show has got to be pretty **** hard to fake.

Also I love Storage Wars. Ever since Dave came out and said it was fake people lost fiath in the show. But I still like it.

And Pawn Stars... Ahh. I couldn't imagine that being fake haha. But I mostly watch it for Chumlee. ^^

Amish Mafia. I've never seen the actual show but I figured something wasn't right when my friend told they had people rap1ng other people @_@

And of course WWE. How could that not be fake xDD People getting out of the boxing ring hitting each other with 250 pound benches? Seems legit. ;D

Humanity is killing me man lol
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

But that show has got to be pretty **** hard to fake.

"Ok, now we put in the stuntman as the cage swings and knocks him over, and cover the real guy's face with fake blood. Also, cut his arm and hand so the bones show. No worries, it'll heal. Then we turn off the ship's power so their only light source is from our cameras, then we show someone rerouting the system to the backup generator while we turn it back on. Then break the ballast tank alarm so it overflows and nearly sinks the ship so we can show someone descending into a confined space to fix it. And for some added drama, we've paid one of the workers to 'accidentally' tangle another worker's leg in the line while the pod is thrown over. It's brilliant Brilliant BRILLIANT!"

But I mostly watch it for Chumlee. ^^

In reality, he's a lot smarter than on the show. Otherwise he would've been fired a long time ago. He's also really good with just about any gun.
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

But that show has got to be pretty **** hard to fake.

... Wow. -_- But Deadliest Catch is real right?

In reality, he's a lot smarter than on the show. Otherwise he would've been fired a long time ago. He's also really good with just about any gun.

Oh lol. So wait Rick and them are real? But then how is the show fake? O_o
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Oh lol. So wait Rick and them are real? But then how is the show fake? O_o

It's a real place that was a real pawn shop before the show. Rick and the Old Man are the real owners. Cory and Chumlee really work there. However, some of the stuff they say and do on the side is scripted, such as 'accidentally' breaking stuff. Some deals and events are made up in advance, such as Chumlee happening to meet Bob Dylan. Some transactions are reinacted. There are a lot more people in the shop than it shows, but most are touring in a circle and buy souvenirs.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

For deadliest catch, some events are edited together that happened sometimes weeks apart to make it more dramatic.

Showing 16-20 of 20