ForumsGamesGame Corp Sequel Ideas

3 2825
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

Almost a week ago, a game called Game Corp came out. When I first saw it, I was excited to play it.

My first playthrough ended up in disaster, but I didn't give up and made another company and I was able to kick a** with it.

A week of playing and I've finally come to the conclusion that the game should have a sequel. Here are some of my ideas for the sequel:

- Game conventions:
They allow players to show off their upcoming games in order to increase sales and have it earn awards before the games come out. (IRL examples include E3, GamesCom, Game Developers Conference, etc.)

- Pick the year your company is created:
Instead of starting out your company in the year 2011, why not start it in the 1980's or 1990's or 2000's instead. The time your company starts out can affect how it performs and give the employees more time to gain experience in their various fields of work.

- Choose which platforms the games should be in:
Maybe you want your game to be exclusive to your favourite console (or at least an amalgamation of it). Maybe you want your game to be multi-platform. Whatever you choose, the choice affects the game's performance. Making it a console exclusive can allow your company to take advantage of the console's technology, but in turn have less sales than multi-platform games.

- More game genres:
Have genres such as sports, educational, etc.

- More building options:
Have more options for your game developer's headquarters, such as more environment options instead of just the plants and statues (shelves to place awards would be nice)

- Increased employee cap:
Allow players to hire up to 40 - 60 employees at once, just enough so their companies can make two or three large games at once.

- More cities to place their company's headquarters:
Give players the choice as to where they want their HQ to be. They can choose from Los Angeles, Shanghai, Toronto, Sydney, etc.

That's all the ideas I have for now, but I need more ideas to submit to Rowkilla just in case he decides to make a sequel for this game.

• 3 Replies
Kreitmaker
Kreitmaker
290 posts
Jester

The ability to zoom out (unless I missed this). It kind of annoyed me because I couldn't see everything and scrolling around the little map is slow.

Larger maps - larger company. Also, perhaps there could be some scenery around. It seemed like the only significance of moving was to get more space and a different color of ground. On the point of building / moving, you should have to pay for the land and not just the building. Space costs more in the city.

When a game is finished and needs to be published, make that a little more evident. I would be grateful.

Market interest: not everybody is interested in all games all the time - perhaps there would be perks and drawbacks of using a more popular genre (first-person - a lot of people play it, people blame you for 'copying' other games). Alas, not as many people play racing games, but they're a much more appreciative crowd.

Buy out competitors: okay, maybe not.

Just some ideas and observations on my part.

Thank you for commenting.
stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Market interest: not everybody is interested in all games all the time - perhaps there would be perks and drawbacks of using a more popular genre (first-person - a lot of people play it, people blame you for 'copying' other games). Alas, not as many people play racing games, but they're a much more appreciative crowd.

I think that just a simple popularity based report on what type of games are the most popular during that month would be great. It would help you make decisions on what type of game you want to make. It would also give a reason to balance the skills of your workers, as you wouldn't know what type of game to focus on for the next month.
Showing 1-2 of 3