ForumsPopular MediaThe TV show battle

49 20615
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

So, this is kinda gonna hopefully be like battle of the Brands except instead of brands it is tv shows. For this week, it should be

The Voice
-or-
American Idol

• 49 Replies
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I pick American Idol, I have never seen 'The Voice' and I don't think I ever want to.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mK-NgPpt5TM/UQhirbiilUI/AAAAAAABQ8c/lOpyBCQeXu8/s1600/iOkpeBtFD3IKT.gif

I'm derailing this thread with Alicorn Twilight. Friendship is Magic is the best TV show ever, no questions asked.

-Chillz

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

Chillz do not be that way. I do not want a good thread to be locked.

Hrmmm. Depends on the season. Honestly I hate these types of shows. But when Simon was around American Idol was better. He was blunt about you sucking. He did not try and sugar coat it. He just told you that you were horrible. I liked him for that. Maybe if some of the people in those "singer's" lives told them they sucked then they would not have embarrassed themselves on TV. Now that Simon is gone and that crap Niki person is on The Voice is better. Still both shows are pretty much the same so it just depends on which judges you like more.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Same crap, different name. But at least American Idol was original once upon a time, and it actually launched a few careers.

dragonball05
dragonball05
1,717 posts
Shepherd

Same crap, different name. But at least American Idol was original once upon a time, and it actually launched a few careers.

I agree entirely, so my vote goes for American Idol
JuicyFruits
JuicyFruits
171 posts
Nomad

Hrmmm. Depends on the season. Honestly I hate these types of shows. But when Simon was around American Idol was better. He was blunt about you sucking. He did not try and sugar coat it. He just told you that you were horrible. I liked him for that. Maybe if some of the people in those "singer's" lives told them they sucked then they would not have embarrassed themselves on TV. Now that Simon is gone and that crap Niki person is on The Voice is better. Still both shows are pretty much the same so it just depends on which judges you like more.
I agree. He told an honest opinion and usually people don't. A lot of people don't like him for that, but I don't really care. And I would have to say The Voice.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

I couldn't put it better myself. It is my opinion that American Idol is starting to go downhill, just because of the judges. I believe that steven tyler saved the show after simon left, but there's no rescuing it now. My vote goes to american idol
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Even though Nikki gets on my nerves (she speaks through her nose!), I still prefer American Idol.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

On the subject of Nicki Minaj, I've heard a whole effing lot of music in my life in the most varied of genres and in the most varied of settings, and "Stupid Hoe" is far and away the worst, most atrociously bad, devoid of value and insulting to art itself, piece of music I've ever heard. Ever. Holy ****. That song makes Will.i.am seem like a ****ing Morrissey-esque lyrical genius. Vanilla Ice wouldn't guest on it if he'd got invited. MTV is almost too good for that song.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

On the subject of Nicki Minaj, I've heard a whole effing lot of music in my life in the most varied of genres and in the most varied of settings, and "Stupid Hoe" is far and away the worst, most atrociously bad, devoid of value and insulting to art itself, piece of music I've ever heard. Ever. Holy ****. That song makes Will.i.am seem like a ****ing Morrissey-esque lyrical genius. Vanilla Ice wouldn't guest on it if he'd got invited. MTV is almost too good for that song.

Good thing Va Va Voom is so darn catchy, then.

-Chillz
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

It's been about a month, can you choose a different battle?

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

It's been about a month, can you choose a different battle?

A month? o_O It has been only 11 days lol.

And American Idol. I feel that that was the original... And so yeah.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Ah, yes, i just remembered about this thread. Talk about neglectXD
American Idol obviously won that oneXD
So the next shows:

Mad Men
vs.
The Walking Dead

My vote does not at all count because i dont count but i would have to say i am defenately voting for the walking dead.
Cause i feel like it.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Mad Men.

The Walking Dead had a great season 1, then season 2 came along and I was so bored I couldn't go on.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

I'll be honest, I've not watched mad men at all, so I feel like I should not vote. But I like the Walking Dead quite a bit, season 2 gets a lot of grief, but I liked it a lot more than the 1st season. If I had to vote I'd vote for the Walking Dead, since I love both the show and comics.

Showing 1-15 of 49