ForumsPopular MediaThe TV show battle

49 20575
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

So, this is kinda gonna hopefully be like battle of the Brands except instead of brands it is tv shows. For this week, it should be

The Voice
-or-
American Idol

• 49 Replies
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Next round should be cartoons. Everyone watches cartoons.

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

I don't watch cartoons.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I don't watch cartoons.
You should, some of the best comedies around are cartoons. Archer, Futurama and Adventure Time are some particularly good ongoing shows.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

Seriously, I am such a hater toward Adventure Time, that show is full of liquid ***. It is so bad, I can't find a proper metaphor to describe it. Argh! How is it even liked, it sucks so bad? Enough with the rant. I have watched almost all of the Mentalist episodes and I have watched all the ONCE shows, except for the two latest ones (don't have the time!).

The Big Bang Theory
vs.
How I Met Your Mother

(I like the BBT)
What about you?

Clancy12
Clancy12
6,400 posts
Lord

Definitely The Big Bang Theory. I only started watching it a short while ago, and I'm already hooked. We can record them on our TV, so when I'm not on Armor Games, I can just watch a whole bunch at one time.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I've seen very few sitcoms that are as consistently funny as HIMYM. Not to say BBT isn't funny; I just don't find it as consistently funny as HIMYM.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

neither is particularly good, there's way better comedies out there

ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

Seriously, I am such a hater toward Adventure Time, that show is full of liquid ***. It is so bad, I can't find a proper metaphor to describe it. Argh! How is it even liked, it sucks so bad? Enough with the rant. I have watched almost all of the Mentalist episodes and I have watched all the ONCE shows, except for the two latest ones (don't have the time!).

You have no idea what humor is, do you? Or what a good TV show is, for that matter. Adventure time is just a parallel universe to ours. Everyone acts the same and the same things are going on.
Mickeyryn
Mickeyryn
276 posts
Shepherd

With all due respect, I don't think that crap is anywhere close to humorous.
So annoying -_-
Next, okay, I will do cartoons...
Family Guy
vs.
American Dad
I will put my own vote for AD.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

I'll go with Family Guy, because it had consistent laughs during its golden years (seasons 1-7) and it was very cleverly written. Not to say American Dad wasn't ever funny or cleverly written, I've just found there to be fewer laughs per episode than Family Guy (I don't find Roger funny, he takes things too far).

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Sherlock, Top Gear, Big Bang Theory
Your arguments are invalid...

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Family Guy...

Though they have too many racist jokes and references to other shows it's really funny xD

Mr_Casas
Mr_Casas
68 posts
Peasant

How about this....................................... The Big Bang Theory vs. The Walking Dead!!!!!!

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Family Guy
vs.
American Dad

Neither is particularly good or original or well-written. Family Guy is cheap shock/pop culture humor with no regard for context or complexity. It's very lowest-common-denominator for a show that touts itself as so edgy and irreverent. Newsflash: you have to have an actual point to be edgy.

South Park is the same show done right, The Simpsons is the same show done first.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Family Guy is cheap shock/pop culture humor with no regard for context or complexity.

It used to be much more clever in its golden days, but in the past 5 years it's only been going downhill. It looks to me almost as if they're trying to appeal to a dumber audience, and it really reflects upon the quality of the show. Now all the "laughs" are cheap and obvious and it's almost unwatchable for those of us who have been watching since the earlier days.

South Park is the same show done right

How is South Park done right and Family Guy done wrong? Disregarding Family Guy's decline in quality in the past half-decade.
Showing 31-45 of 49