ForumsForum GamesSingle Minded (Criminal RPG)

5115 400748
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,196 posts

It's the year 3063, everything has been discovered, including the ability to have unspeakable powers. These powers were controlled by a separate chip inside the user.

Not only did the word of power bring the attention of civilians and law enforcement, but it also brought the attention of criminal minds all over the globe. So super powers were being stolen everywhere, including from other people. It was mass chaos.

Then one day a group of scientists made anti-powered guns and hand cuffs. So the criminals and law enforcement were both equal powers.

This is a super powered criminal game. The way to win it is if you beat the master of the law enforcement. It will be possible to meet other players in this game, but be aware I can also split you guys up.

Character sheet:
NameWhatever you choose)
Age13-50)
PowersWhatever you choose. Don't make it too over powered. Also be aware that you can get more powers later in the game.)
-----
Level:1
XP:0/10
HP:100/100
-----
Money:0
Inventory:N/A
Partner:N/A

I will start you off where I want you to.

If you have any questions ask.

Also vote if I should add hunger, all I need is 3 or 5 votes.

• 5,115 Replies
lonelighters
lonelighters
372 posts

Name: James Grovan
Powers: Energy Construct, Technopathy
-----
XP:3/10
-----

The chief? Of the assasins?

lonelighters
lonelighters
372 posts

Add to post:
"wait. nevermind, explain later, you need any help right now?"

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

Name: Kenji
Powers: 'RITA-X' : Rational Imagination-Translocation Ability - eXigency(can also morph things onto body), Shrapnel manipulation, Stone/Concrete manipulation
-----
Level: 5
XP: 6/50
HP: 165/165
-----
Armor: War Machine
Inventory: War Machine: M134 6-barrel Minigun (100/-), FN F2000 Assault Rifle (30/-), M26 MASS Shotgun (10/-), Milkor MGL Grenade Launcher (6/-), Twin RLP rocket pods (8/- x 2)
Partner: The Assassin

I fly back to the ship and ask Nick where everyone is.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

Powers: 'RITA-X' : Rational Imagination-Translocation Ability - eXigency(can also morph things onto body), Shrapnel manipulation, Stone/Concrete manipulation
-----
-----
Inventory: War Machine: M134 6-barrel Minigun (100/-), FN F2000 Assault Rifle (30/-), M26 MASS Shotgun (10/-), Milkor MGL Grenade Launcher (6/-), Twin RLP rocket pods (8/- x 2)

"Whoa whoa whoa. Stop. 'Random parties???' What parties? What are you talking about?!"

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,196 posts

-----
-----

"We could use some help, yeah."
-----------------------------------

I'm guessing you two are talking to each other,

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

-----
-----

I stare at him. "You've been throwing parties?! Are you insane?? Everyone's life is literally at stake, and you're hanging out at cheeseburger joints?? I'm calling a meeting. Everyone back at the Assassins Base, NOW. If you have to deal with Taylor and she can't make it, you can stay with her, but I want every assassin we have at base immediately."

I point at him. "You are a world-wide criminal, being hunted by trained assassins working for a corrupt Chief with serious resources. This is not college. Tens of thousands of civilians have died in a nuclear bomb explosion, and thousands more from fallouts of grudge battles. Plus, the whole point of this was to be able to attack the Chief before he knew we were working together. That option is gone. You handle Taylor and Frost, and the new target. His name is James, and Esther is going to kill him if you don't stop her.

I return to base and use the computer to locate the assassins we've recruited."

lonelighters
lonelighters
372 posts

-----
-----

Alright what do you need?

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,196 posts

-----
-----

All the assassins show up in the meeting room except Frost. "You called for us?" Says Jack
-----------------------------------------------

Name: Nick Foreman
Powers: EEC (Electrokinetic Energy Control), Sonic Screwdriver, MAM (Mind Alteration and Manipulation)
-----
Level:5
XP:21/50
HP:165/165
-----
Inventory: Keys, Specialized Video Cellphone, Electrified Katana, Minigun, AR-15, Lightning Rod (Staff)
Partner:
Taylor Wane; Electrical body energy, TTT (Telekinetic Teleportation Technology), Electric orb
Frost; Ice manipulation
Hamilton; animal weaponry
Storm; weather manipulation

Kenji calls for a meeting in the meeting room and you go there with the assassins.
-----------------------------------------------------------

-----
-----

"I need your help with defeating the chief."

lonelighters
lonelighters
372 posts

-----
-----

Alright, just contact me when you decide to go after him.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,196 posts

-----
-----

He frowns, "So you're not coming with us to base?"

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

-----
-----
Armor: Casual Suit (War Machine)

"I'll clear it up in a second." I remove the armor, return to my suit and put my arms behind my back. "RIGHT. Does anyone here have any common sense? At all?? I'm really quite curious, considering I had trouble finding all of you because you were out partying, gambling and drinking in public. I shouldn't have to explain everything to you again, what with you being 'top-notch assassins,' but apparently it didn't sink in the first time.

"I am the most dangerous criminal on the planet, along with Nick and the other 'bounties,' as we're called. YOU are world-wide assassins with no morals and no rules, as long as you get paid. After recruiting all of you, I am going to assault the Chief of Police's base, kill him, pay you all and send you off. As of yesterday, I had recruited most of the people here, with the help of Nick, and was slowly hunting the other assassins down so we wouldn't have to fight our way through them. Once everyone had been found, we were going to combine our collective abilities and blow the Chief off the face of the map, and enjoy it.

"After trying to catch Esther, Nick informed me that you were, instead of hunting down other assassins and locating the Chief and his defenses, you were out partying. ARE YOU INSANE?!" I scream. "The whole point of this was to attack the Chief before he knew I had struck a deal, so he wouldn't be as prepared. If he has half a brain, he will have realized you're working for someone else by now. What do you think this is, college?? I thought you were assassins, not TEENAGERS. Tens of thousands of civilians have died from us fighting each other. Jack, Tog and Ashley should have no trouble admitting that. Nuclear bombs, walking sharks, volcanoes, earthquakes. I made this decision to STOP the casualties, but the last time I met the chief, he spawned a giant robot dog that caused plenty of damage.

"I didn't pay you off to hang out and be friends. When the Chief is dead and the money has been paid, THEN you can do whatever the heck you want. Get drunk, fight, throw yourself out of an airplane. I don't care. Until then, you're assassins, working a job. ACT LIKE IT."

I crack my knuckles. "If anyone here is no longer interested, they can leave and go party until they get hit by a truck. If you do, you will have to get a new job, because you won't have the Chief to pay you and I'm not giving donations. If you have a problem with the deal, you should have said something before you agreed. If you want to kill some bad guys and get rich for it, find the last few assassins and prepare for assault. If you want to stop me, you'll have to go through everyone else first."

"Did anyone miss anything? Seriously, I shouldn't even have to say this crap. The Chief is going to throw everything he has at us. Some of you could die. That's why I'm working to get everyone on the same side. Make your choice, NOW. Stay and fight, leave and party and suffer the aftermath, or try to kill me."

lonelighters
lonelighters
372 posts

-----
-----

Yea that works as well, alright I'm coming. I have nothing I can't do there just as well as here. I should also be able to track down the assassins as long their not completely shut out from technology, might speed up the search by a bit. So lead on to base, I'll be right behind you.

MattEmAngel
MattEmAngel
7,747 posts

-----
-----

I pause for a second, then reply, in a steadier voice, "I am not 'somebody.' I am, for all practical reasons, your current employer. I never said to not rest up. In fact, I slept here one night with the rest of you. I am saying, though, that we are not friends. I told everyone here when I met them that I was not going to buddy up to them because no one was interested in it to start with. When we're done, we go our separate ways, and the only rule I ever made was 'No backstabbing.' I suggest you think again about the stakes."

I speak a little louder. "I have no intention of betraying or leaving any of you behind. During the upcoming mission, I will be attacking and defending everyone I can, and I know you will do the same. I said before that we have enough power to take on anything, but only if we work together. However. We are going up against the most powerful, well-armed, emotionless overlord in the world. It is entirely possible that some of you will die, especially now that he knows we're coming. Think about that for a minute.

"As for your accusations, Nick, I followed the top three assassins on this list literally from the USA to Britain, then to the USA again, then to Europe one more time in one day. If you need rest, rest here. Use the base. But all of us are at risk in public. Partying? Drinking? Before you argue that it boosts morale, consider that the entire world watched a US city vaporize in a nuclear explosion. That means, now that the Chief is on to us, that all of the assassins here are just as criminal as I am.

"The world wants all of us to die. Do you understand me? Every second you spend in public, hanging out and relaxing, you give away more about us. He knows how many are with us now, and what we can do, and if he's any kind of a chief he will be preparing defenses against every one of our powers. The ONLY WAY we stop that from happening is if we get ourselves together and act like a team of professionals, not a wolf pack of college dropouts. We can succeed, and we WILL succeed, but only if you knuckle up and prepare to fight."

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,196 posts

Name: Nick Foreman
Powers: EEC (Electrokinetic Energy Control), Sonic Screwdriver, MAM (Mind Alteration and Manipulation)
-----
Level:5
XP:21/50
HP:165/165
-----
Inventory: Keys, Specialized Video Cellphone, Electrified Katana, Minigun, AR-15, Lightning Rod (Staff)
Partner:
Taylor Wane; Electrical body energy, TTT (Telekinetic Teleportation Technology), Electric orb
Frost; Ice manipulation
Hamilton; animal weaponry
Storm; weather manipulation
----------------------------------------------
-----
-----
---------------------------------

While talking you both notice the entrance opening and Frost comes inside with some stranger.
---------------------------------------

-----
-----

He leads you to a rock and says some secret code. The rock splits open and a hole leads to an underground base. You follow him in and you see a bunch of people around a table, talking.

lonelighters
lonelighters
372 posts

-----
-----

I listen in to their conversation while following him, seeing if I hear anything of interest.

Showing 1516-1530 of 5115