Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Kendrick Lamar

Posted Jan 28, '13 at 4:48pm

firedog12

firedog12

247 posts

Talk about Kendrick Lamar and his upcoming albums and some of your favorite songs of his. You really don't only have to talk about that of Kendrick Lamar. It was just suggestions. As long as it's just Kendrick Lamar and not Drake or anything. You can only talk about other rappers if they're featured in the song made by K-dot. (Kendrick Lamar) If you want to talk about other rappers go to a thread where they talk about that rapper OR just make your own. Sheesh. :P

Posted Jan 28, '13 at 5:16pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

435 posts

Dude blew up. Even though he garnered acclaim and attention with Section.80, he somehow became massively popular seemingly overnight. Now I see him everywhere, and everyone talks about him.

I prefer Section.80 to good kid, m.A.A.d. city. I think he was just trying to be too ambitious with the project, at the expense of flow. It's not a bad album, but it doesn't contain any songs that really stand out to me like Section.80 did ("**** Your Ethnicity," "Hol' Up," "Ronald Reagan Era," "Rigamortis," etc.). Nonetheless, I'm happy for his success.

Posted Jan 28, '13 at 6:14pm

firedog12

firedog12

247 posts

Dude blew up. Even though he garnered acclaim and attention with Section.80, he somehow became massively popular seemingly overnight. Now I see him everywhere, and everyone talks about him.

I prefer Section.80 to good kid, m.A.A.d. city. I think he was just trying to be too ambitious with the project, at the expense of flow. It's not a bad album, but it doesn't contain any songs that really stand out to me like Section.80 did ("**** Your Ethnicity," "Hol' Up," "Ronald Reagan Era," "Rigamortis," etc.). Nonetheless, I'm happy for his success.

I know right? He's gotten extremely popular. Hell, he's even been on SNL. (Saturday Night Live) Which is not as good as it used to be but that's still cool. I totally agree with you on what you said about Section.80 being better than good kid, m.A.A.d. city. He (and Adam Levine) did pretty good on The Lonely Island song Y.O.L.O. too.

Posted Jan 28, '13 at 9:41pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,567 posts

I imagine with Swimming Pools Lamar is gonna get mega-popular soon... And his appearence in Yolo was great ^^

Reply to Kendrick Lamar

You must be logged in to post a reply!