Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

High-school language class picks.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 7:48pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

In but a matter of a few days Killersup will be choosing his electives. His school district demands that every student take a foreign language. Now here is the question. Spanish or French? Killersup has yet to meet either of the teachers, and has heard mixed reviews from both classes.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 7:59pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,110 posts

Do Spanish. You're going to meet more people from Mexico than people from France.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 8:46pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

728 posts

Do Spanish. You're going to meet more people from Mexico than people from France.

If you want to interact with more people.

Or do it in a way from your favorite thing.
Oh, football? Well Spanish is the way to go!
Oh, fashion? Well French is the way to go!

I picked my language by thinking of which place I would rather visit. (I had Spanish vs Italian) I picked Italy, so Italian. I like their food, culture, music, and basically everything.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 9:07pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,799 posts

*shrugs* Spanish and French sound the same to me.
Ooh, you should take Chinese, if it's offered. It's a freak load easier than people say (but then again, since i've been learning for a while, that may be just me.)
Anyway, is Spanish and French all that's offered?

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 9:25pm

daleks

daleks

3,181 posts

Between Spanish and French I would go with Spanish. More people in the world speak Spanish. Also Spanish is very similar to Italian. So if you know one you pretty much can understand the other.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 10:08pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

Also Spanish is very similar to Italian.

And Portugese.

But I would say if you're looking for the easier one it would be Spanish. But don't listen to me. I'm not in high school ^^

If my high school will offer it then i'm gonna take German ^^

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 10:28pm

skater_kid_who_pwns

skater_kid_who_pwns

4,313 posts

I flunked Spanish my freshmen year....got an 8%.

So I don't need to tell you I wouldn't suggest Spanish, though a lot of people say it's the easiest to learn.

You don't really NEED a language, I'm attending college in the fall and I don't have one completed. Though it is possible I have to take a foreign language in college, so it may be better to do it before you have to pay for it.

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 11:08pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,234 posts

Wait..you only have to choose between the 2? Or are those the only ones you want?

Posted Jan 29, '13 at 11:47pm

xeano321

xeano321

2,546 posts

Knight

I would choose French. A ton of people know Spanish, but you don't see many people that can speak fluent French. (You'll probably never need either, but don't let that stop you. Think of the bragging rights you acquire with a second language.)

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 12:53am

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

I would choose Spanish because it;s easier to learn French and Italian and a few other languages by just knowing Spanish and English.

Though it could be the other way around as well but I'm not sure.

In any case I would take French since I already know Spanish :P That or Japanese. .-.

Reply to High-school language class picks.

You must be logged in to post a reply!