Forums

ForumsForum Games

Faith Wars: Dark Trinity (A Story-Based RP)

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 1:30pm

Srill

Srill

20 posts

Here is more information about how to create your own "God": Like Greek Mythology, this RP is based off of a polytheism (many gods). Along with that, a god is specialized for a certain type of attribute. In this case, even vague descriptions such as a God of Death will always have its subtopics. When formulating your god, please be specific as possible.

Every god lives in one of the following 6 God-Realms:

Netherworld: A world where nothing exists. In this realm, lives Gods forgotten or obliviated by the very fabric of mental existence. Such Gods are almost mindless, having no ability to reason. In an effort to bring themselves back to the known world, many Gods try to reset their purpose and bring themselves out of the Netherworld so that they could be free and living once again

Purgatory: Purgatory is the the region that is between Abyss and Celestia; this world is infact, a pathway of judgement upon entering either Abyss or Celestia. Gods in this realm are those who seek not to do evil, but also not good. They are unbias in their decision and carry no emotion. For that reason, they act as "judges" of their God-Realm and decide which path for others to take.

Celestia: Celestia is a region of pure goodness and life. This God-Realm is the representative of happiness and pure joy as one will find redemption to no end. Gods in this realm are just, fair, and are full of love and joy. They cherish life to an unlimited extent, seeking to protect them from those who choose otherwise.

Nirvana: Nirvana is a region where peace and harmony exist as one with the universe flow. Nirvana is a world where one will be free of their mind and reach a state of true peace and meditation. Gods of Nirvana are those who allow the flow of the universe enter them rather than troubling themselves to certain ambitions or motives. They do not feel pain nor do they ever move on their own behalf. Nirvana itself is selflessness.

Ether: Ether is a world of dream and the world outside time. It is merely a state of immaterial being where physicality does not exist, therefore, everything would be made up of though and spirituality. Gods of Ether are those who are full of knowledge over time. Gods of Ether live to gain more wisdom of the world, for they are the representation of knowledge and thought.

Abyss: Abyss is world of pain and punishment. Only those of sinned nature would dare be put into Abyss, where the Gods show no mercy. Any being in Abyss is said to be "****ed" for they are forever tortured by their own actions. The Gods of Abyss live to strengthen their resolve by leading the "just" into sinful paths. They despise life of all sorts and wish to punish such creations for their weakness.

When creating a God, keep in mind which realm your god is from, what kind of traits he holds (depicted appearance, greatest motive, personality), and also what kind of powers he grants to others. Also, as said before, keep your Gods original and try to be specific as possible. Do not think of vague descriptions such as having a "God of Light" or "God of Darkness". Expand on those by adding a secondary description to assist your main.

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 7:40pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,795 posts

My eyes hurt no offense. It's just all over the place. Lol.

Maybe fix it up a bit and maybe I'll join. I suggest you make another thread and ask a mod to delete this one.

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 9:57pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

I see. But since the Faith-Ante also employs priests, my character would sooner raze the headquarters than work for them. He also hates magic, seeing it as inferior to raw physical power. Yeah my character's basically the Terminator.
First Name: Savell
Last Name: Valkerie
Race: Human
Appearance: 6'1", 170 lbs of pure muscle, black hair and tan skin. Excellent physical condition. Usually wears all-green shirt, pants, and cloak. His face and enire body is covered in countless scars from all sorts of battles. Never seen using weapons.
Personality: Judgemental and determined. Hates Priests of any kind. Commands an intense presence, drawing the eyes of anyone near him.
History: Born of a noble line, Savell was trained to become what he is today. While he is capable of Zealotry Magic, Savell deliberately chooses not to use it except in critical conditions. His hatred of priests stems from their wanton use of violence, and the fact they suicide-attacked the academy where he was studying. Most of his friends died that day, and most of his scars were aqcuired then. As the Faith-Ante also employ priests, Savell hates them as well for being hypocritical cowards. Upon learning about the Dark Trinity, Savell hatched a plan of his own to steal the Trinity and destroy it, or keep it for himself...
Role: General, Martial Artist (?)
Abilities: Iron Will to Live, Physical Superiority

Let's do this.

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 10:21pm

Srill

Srill

20 posts

(background): It is year 600 FW, at 11:00 am. The sun is high up as streets of an unknown city are bustling with working men and playing children. You; Savell Valkerie are at an unfamiliar bar as if a strange force had brought you here while you were off on your own business. You find yourself on a stool, sitting in front of a bar as if you have been there for some time now. There is only one man in the bar (barkeeper) while few other civilians are chatting in the back corner.

NPC Data Update:

Name: Giorg "Barkeep" Vangorf
Appearance: Top of the head is bald, but otherwise revealing short brown hair on the sides and back. His skin is fairly rosy as well (he is around a storage of alcoholic drinks) and reveals macho hairy arms. He carries a large hefty moustache and his eyes are brown with determination. He is fairly heavyset and stands about 5'8'', weighing 99.8 kg. He is wearing a burlap vest and a white shirt beneath it. He is wearing a pair of brown pants and is mostly seen behind his bar cleaning pint-glasses.
Personality: (unknown)
History: (unknown)
Role: Barkeeper
Abilities: (unknown)

Barkeep: (leans forward near your face and whispers politely. His voice sounds mostly "pirate-ish") "Yer know? If you are just ger'nna sit there like a chap, might as wer'll buy yerself a drink! Shouldn't yer? Mr. Sarell Valkerie! (it appears he knows your name for some odd reason)

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 1:07am

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

Appearance: 6'1", 170 lbs of pure muscle, black hair and tan skin. Excellent physical condition. Usually wears all-green shirt, pants, and cloak. His face and enire body is covered in countless scars from all sorts of battles. Never seen using weapons.
Personality: Judgemental and determined. Hates Priests of any kind. Commands an intense presence, drawing the eyes of anyone near him.
History: Born of a noble line, Savell was trained to become what he is today. While he is capable of Zealotry Magic, Savell deliberately chooses not to use it except in critical conditions. His hatred of priests stems from their wanton use of violence, and the fact they suicide-attacked the academy where he was studying. Most of his friends died that day, and most of his scars were aqcuired then. As the Faith-Ante also employ priests, Savell hates them as well for being hypocritical cowards. Upon learning about the Dark Trinity, Savell hatched a plan of his own to steal the Trinity and destroy it, or keep it for himself...

I shrug. "Fine, one pint of your finest ale. ...Hey wait a minute, how do you know my name?" I give the barkeep an intense look, straight into his soul.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 11:40am

Srill

Srill

20 posts

Barkeep does not move a muscle, yet alone, unfazed by your presence. "How i know yer name? Zat does not matter! Here...have a drink." Breaks off into a laughter of enjoyment then fills up a pint of malt beer. "I see that you have gotten yerself lost! I go by the name Giorg Vandorf... but you can call me Barkeep". He has a wide grin on his face.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 3:50pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

Must we post our character sheet every turn, or for dialog scenes like this, may we skip it?

I stare straight into his soul for a long second. Odd, most people would be a swooning mess by now, if not by the presence then by my barely recognizable face. I grab the pint of malt beer and drink heartily. I prefer a good ale, but malt's fine too. "I suppose so, I don't recognize this section of town. So, Barkeep, any juicy tidbits of info you'd care to share with me?"

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 3:03am

Srill

Srill

20 posts

umm....i only do that for new characters. btw xD!!!

Barkeep: "tidbits? pah! what is there to explain? when all of the answers are outside that door?" he points at the front door of the tavern. "I wonder friend... why ask me such pointless questions? take a look at the world for yourself!" Stands up from his usual stool and walks behind another door behind his counter top. "I too, have qurstions to answer... but there will come a time wer we'll meet again.. and one more request that i'd be making. please do not die". He breaks off into a diabolical laughter as he opens the back door which is completely full of blackness. He walks in. while civilians on the side continue talking as if nothing happened.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 4:32pm

theEPICgameKING

theEPICgameKING

1,017 posts

I shall assume no, we don't have to post our character sheet every turn. Tell me if i'm wrong.

I shrug and finish my ale. Thoughts: That barkeep had to be the worst in the world...well, I didn't even pay for my drink. Okay, second worst. His request was rather ominous. Those oblivious civilians seem pretty interesting, so I stand up and listen in to their conversation.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 5:12pm

Srill

Srill

20 posts

Civilian A: "say....nice day for a walk aint it?"
Civilian B: "shut up... i have had enough for your crap"
Civilian A: "fine then....how bout you go get drunk of something?"
Civilian B: "fine by me" (he seems utterly happy)

(the jist? the civilians have nothing interesting to say :P)

There just lies the front door, which would appear like any other door.

Reply to Faith Wars: Dark Trinity (A Story-Based RP)

You must be logged in to post a reply!