Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why hate China?

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 10:31pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

a few thousand australians migrate eatch year. does that mean that australia is a terrible country to live in? hell, no!

Well, let's be honest here. Australia is the land where everything wants to murder you. :p

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 1:13am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Well, let's be honest here. Australia is the land where everything wants to murder you. :p

Haha very fair point, wolf :P

As for the points made about Cuba and Venezuela, the fact that you said the word leaders in that statement turns me off from the argument. Sure, it's not that communist societies aren't supposed to have a leader. I believe they're supposed to be called "Chairmen" or something like that. However, the power these leaders have isn't supposed to be noticeable. True communism relies more on the people being equal. Sure, some sort of overlying structure needs to be present for the distribution of the shared goods, but it shouldn't be left up to one person in my opinion. One person's opinions are probably not going to appeal to everyone's equality, and therefore upset the balance that communism so desperately tries to maintain.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 1:39am

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,633 posts

As for the points made about Cuba and Venezuela, the fact that you said the word leaders in that statement turns me off from the argument. Sure, it's not that communist societies aren't supposed to have a leader. I believe they're supposed to be called "Chairmen" or something like that. However, the power these leaders have isn't supposed to be noticeable. True communism relies more on the people being equal. Sure, some sort of overlying structure needs to be present for the distribution of the shared goods, but it shouldn't be left up to one person in my opinion. One person's opinions are probably not going to appeal to everyone's equality, and therefore upset the balance that communism so desperately tries to maintain.

One person's decisive, two people can agree, three people can argue.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 5:42am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,009 posts

Being in China right now, I'd like to point out that it's capitalist in everything but name. Apple stores on every corner and legitimate Apple stores in every decent-sized city. Besides, how bad can a merchant superpower be?

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 5:59am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Being in China right now, I'd like to point out that it's capitalist in everything but name. Apple stores on every corner and legitimate Apple stores in every decent-sized city. Besides, how bad can a merchant superpower be?

Don't doubt you, just saying the "communist threat" is a factor in the China hate. Personally, have nothing against China. Though where are you in China? I know plenty of people that came over from China that say the conditions there were pretty harsh and fairly communist, as well saying they liked it better here (Midwest to be specific).

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 6:05am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

One person's decisive, two people can agree, three people can argue.

Didn't notice that there. Very fair statement. Big reason why pure communism only works with small groups.

One person: decisive, determines everything, possible dictator threat, smaller chance of compromise, little discussion

Two people: agree on something, not necessarily for the best, boosts confidence in choice, grow to take more brash measures, stronger lurking power above, worse effects when they do disagree with no majority option, coin flip for decisions not optimal

Three people: pretty obvious the problem, more chance of disagreeing, less decisions made, internal conflict, etc

Leadership is hard to keep pure, and even when it is, equality is rarely kept. Pure communism is too ideal.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 7:06am

Nerdsoft

Nerdsoft

1,009 posts

Right now I'm in Heilongjiang, though I've also been to Beijing, Sichuan, Shanghai, Xian, and Shenzhen. I agree with you on the communism thing; my problem with communism is that humans just won't agree with equality. Those who can agree are robbed and beaten by those who can't, leading to the collapse of the whole system.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 8:06am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Which is why I was saying it was a fair point for fear of communism to exist, simply because the realistic communism isn't great. Not that fearing a country for only that reason is acceptable. The US is in no need of a Cold War-esque stand off with the country that owns its soul and checkbook. It's not gonna get that bad, but still, it really is true that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself.

Posted Jan 31, '13 at 1:45pm

PauseBreak

PauseBreak

310 posts

Sorry guys, my op was censored.

But give me a list of the "good things" that have come from such Communist states other than over 55 million people slaughtered.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 9:33am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

Sorry guys, my op was censored.

But give me a list of the "good things" that have come from such Communist states other than over 55 million people slaughtered.

The fact they own a considerable part of US debt?
or that it helped my nation over and over?
or that our arch enemy is also its arch enemy?
or it brings balance to the force?
Maybe nothing good for the world have came from China (although I doubt it) but look at where that once stoner country is standing now.

Reply to Why hate China?

You must be logged in to post a reply!