Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Rise Against

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 5:19pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Anyone like this band? They're actually quite good. They're sort of in the middle of Rock and Metal. Their songs vary sometimes but I really enjoy listening to them.

Here's a few:

Behind Closed Doors

Audience of One

Satellite

After watching these discuss the band and the songs.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:50pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

They are actually one of the few Rock bands I like, all the rock radio stations where i live are corrupt with pure garbage these days :(

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 1:34pm

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

I remember when I was introduced to them, I was playing Need for Speed; Underground 2 and their song "Give it all" started...nostalgic :)

I really like their songs, it's well between rock and metal, which is one of my favorite styles to listen to.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 12:13am

keeton52

keeton52

935 posts

I love them and what they're about.  I just bought (Wait, Buying music?) Appeal to Reason, Siren Song of the Counter Culture, and the Sufferer and the Witness.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 10:34am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,870 posts

Knight

Rise Against sounds like metal? You can't be serious right? They're very punkish and hardcore.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 2:32pm

keeton52

keeton52

935 posts

Children don't understand music or genres.  They hear metal once and then everything that is loud is metal.

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 12:13am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,870 posts

Knight

Maybe...But c'mon, a band that worships Black Flag and Minor Threat sends of big signals about what it aims to play.

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 1:40am

the_manta

the_manta

3,006 posts

Rise Against is alright. Almost all of their songs sound the same, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Posted Feb 15, '13 at 6:47pm

keeton52

keeton52

935 posts

I admit that a lot of their music kinda sounds the same.  But the lyrics presented, artfully, are always unique.  It's not just about the music though.  It's the message.  You can't just listen, you have to....listen.

Posted Sep 2, '13 at 4:19pm

Tianabuch

Tianabuch

13 posts

They're awesome. Some of their songs sound the same but that differs from album to album, I think.

Reply to Rise Against

You must be logged in to post a reply!