Tabletop RPG Combat System That I Made, Need Revision

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 5:51pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

Crap. This better work.
[url=sjgames.com/gurps]
Tadaa??

Anyways.... If you have an Ipod and/or you can download podcasts, you should check out the Happy Jacks RPG Podcast. They are pretty funny and very educational about different GM do's and don'ts to make gaming sessions more awesome.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 12:31pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,098 posts

Hey, sorry I haven't posted here yet. Fail.

The reason being 1. I have been busy and 2. this looks way out of my league. I have more fun in informal RPGs with only a basic player sheet and turn-by-turn combat, only with new posts instead of autobattle. I may be wrong about what you're doing, though.

I'm particularly busy today and don't have time to read the entire Rules sheet, but I wanted to, you know. Check in. I offered to help, so I'm going to try, but I'm just warning you that this is (or looks) beyond me. Heh.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 4:25pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

[url=http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/]Test you want to appear as the link] with a [/url] at the end.

I think I fixed that correctly for you to see what should be done for the links, hopefully the layering didn't screw it up.

Anyway, about the die with the link you poster with body parts on the different sides. I do agree it would be interesting and unique, but wouldn't that make the attacking a bit too random for how realistic you want this? Sure it'd be fun, but with an equal chance of hitting each body part, even if the player were to prefer a certain body part, would cause the player to have poor aim :P

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 7:13pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

Anyway, about the die with the link you poster with body parts on the different sides. I do agree it would be interesting and unique, but wouldn't that make the attacking a bit too random for how realistic you want this? Sure it'd be fun, but with an equal chance of hitting each body part, even if the player were to prefer a certain body part, would cause the player to have poor aim :P

Exactly, maybe if you are being tacked while shooting a handcrossbow or something it would work, but in melee combat, someone could do some epic ability and kneel down and hit them in the foot. :D

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 6:49am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Why aim for the foot, though? xD

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 10:53am

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

chopping off their nose would be more effective...

I don't really have any input (other than I don't want it to be horror themed). I signed up to be a play tester not a critic.

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 3:26pm

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

Why aim for the foot, though? xD

The dice is random and you dont know what you are going to hit. Therefore, it is very random

I signed up to be a play tester not a critic.

Alright well i need one more person, then you can begin.

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 2:52am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Haha, I understand it's random, but what would possess someone to deliberately take the time to kneel down to hit a non-essential spot like the foot? xD

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 9:32am

hardigra

hardigra

191 posts

Haha, I understand it's random, but what would possess someone to deliberately take the time to kneel down to hit a non-essential spot like the foot? xD

maybe it is their weakness.....

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 12:11pm

BlazingZelda

BlazingZelda

884 posts

dragonball05 wrote:

hardigra wrote:

maybe it is their weakness.....

Or maybe the player is half asleep...

Reply to Tabletop RPG Combat System That I Made, Need Revision

You must be logged in to post a reply!