Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Tabletop RPG Combat System That I Made, Need Revision

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 10:36am

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

Well, then what is the point of leveling up? Prestige?

for example: player A finds a magical fire sword that gives him a big power-boost (like more strenght, speed and the ability to deal piercing damage) but it requires level 30 and the player is only level 20, now why should he grind his level up if he wants to use it?

Posted Feb 15, '13 at 5:44pm

spikeabc

spikeabc

1,004 posts

well its about time i come back to this forum.
long time no see, my friend. time to quote some things and chug my hater aids...

Why aim for the foot, though? xD

your trying to get him on the ground unable to move. effective strategy.

what would possess someone to deliberately take the time to kneel down to hit a non-essential spot like the foot? xD

the demon called tactic.

for example: player A finds a magical fire sword that gives him a big power-boost (like more strenght, speed and the ability to deal piercing damage) but it requires level 30 and the player is only level 20, now why should he grind his level up if he wants to use it?

ok people, this might help all of you.

our friend hardigra here thinks the best way to scratch level/prestiging/whatever-else-fits-that-description-here is to create skill sets.

example: your a warrior and you want to go make a map for the land, sell it, and make some quick gold. well, your gonna have to get approved by a master map maker and he then takes you under his wing. in return, your map making skills increase. the more maps you make, the more the skill increases, the more money-per-map. that would work for anything, so eat your heart out.

--DM--

(official signature)

Posted Feb 17, '13 at 3:46pm

xAyjAy

xAyjAy

1,683 posts

i hope i got that right:

if i find a very powerful and magical weapon, then i can use it if i have enough skill points. the more points i have, the better i can use it.

what is the limit/maximum for a skill, 100 points?

Reply to Tabletop RPG Combat System That I Made, Need Revision

You must be logged in to post a reply!