Forums

ForumsForum Games

The Day After Tomorrow (Apocalypse RPG)

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 5:53pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Man you must have been wasted at that party, because you have no idea where you are, or what happened for that matter. Come to mention it, why aren't there any cars around? Or people? Wait you're starting to remember, after the party you were driving home, when there was a bright flash and- Oh no! Marauders!

Name:
Bio:
Physical Characteristics:
-------------------------------
Weapons: .45 Caliber Handgun (40/40)
Equipment: Clothes
Hunger: 100/100
Thirst: 100/100
Health: 100/100

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 7:11pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,119 posts

This is the third RPG you've started in three days. Chill out. You can't just throw yourself into a new one every day. Someone might join an old one and you'll have to work on several at once.

Suggestions:
-Pay very close attention to other popular RPGs. If your story is very close to theirs, your RPG will fail. People don't like rip-offs, so, even if you think your idea is new, check the newest four or five pages.
-You CAN copy the style of successful RPGs' character sheet/stat sheet/player sheet, etc. Never copy it directly, but I think you figured that out.
-Advertise in the "New RPG" thread at the top of Forum Games. It's stickied, and it gets erased every two weeks, so yours will be fresh.

I made one RPG: "Strike or Stealth." I got five responses in two days and it's still going, although only one person is still playing (meh). Read my initial post.

We already have:
-a complicated Fantasy RPG (Emerald Sword)
-a less complicated Fantasy RPG (Heroes of Irridia)
-a futuristic fight RPG (Ground Zero)
etc

You've tried three. Take a break, man. I very highly suggest you leave all of them alone for one week (7 full days). If you get a hit before the week is up, go for it. If you have zero hits, lay off for a while and do other things on AG. Play some other games. Keep an eye on the other games. Do some research. Try again, but advertise.

-Matt

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 7:17pm

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Hey, a new RPG, might as well try it out, right? :P

Name: Chane Trumbull
Bio: Chane grew up as any average kid did. He went to school, though only enjoyed seeing his friends. He joined the football team, and started weight lifting after he was a Sophomore in high school, but still tried to keep up on his studies. Chane is a dependable, strong guy, and puts his friends and family above all else.
Physical Characteristics: 6'2" 210 pounds, solidly built, short, light brown hair

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 7:25pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Bio: Chane grew up as any average kid did. He went to school, though only enjoyed seeing his friends. He joined the football team, and started weight lifting after he was a Sophomore in high school, but still tried to keep up on his studies. Chane is a dependable, strong guy, and puts his friends and family above all else.
Physical Characteristics: 6'2" 210 pounds, solidly built, short, light brown hair

You find yourself in a large hotel, though it appears the very walls have been ripped away.

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 7:31pm

sourwhatup2

sourwhatup2

3,255 posts

I'm going to agree with Matt. Now I don't think it would be a bad idea to have an Apocalypse RPG, but it's difficult to keep track of so many that you have already, and if they join it becomes more of a problem. Try and stick to one RPG at a time.

Anyways I'm going to add my input into this.

Ok great, you have hunger and thirst, it should matter in an apocalypse. I like the short and simple sheet as well. But I think you should add more to the story. Right away I didn't want to join because of your introduction.

There was also a lack of rules and guidelines. You didn't mention if players are going to be able to meet eachother, etc.

You should stick to one RPG and try to advertise it. Obviously don't exaggerate but you can still ask friends to join and stuff. :P

And last but not least, don't get mad if you think we're pushing you around. We just know how it works around here :) Hope you take this criticism nicely, I don't do it often...

Posted Jan 30, '13 at 7:34pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

I'll think about it when I make a new RPG when these die out.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 4:11am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

I go around, checking to see if there is anyone else inside the hotel.

Posted Feb 1, '13 at 10:29am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Hunger: 99/100
Thirst: 98/100

You look around but can't find a single soul.

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 4:20am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,571 posts

Hunger: 99/100
Thirst: 98/100

I venture outside the hotel, being cautious due to the strange silence around me.

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 3:11pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Hunger: 98/100
Thirst: 96/100

You notice a group of bandits in the distance.

Reply to The Day After Tomorrow (Apocalypse RPG)

You must be logged in to post a reply!