Forums

ForumsPopular Media

Favorite movie of all time?

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 5:11pm

NemNems

NemNems

6 posts

1 : Holy Grail

And in second position : "La classe Américaine". A Detournment of Warner's movies. It's completely unknown in the world, but it's cult on the French internet community, very funny, really cultissime. It wasn't really legal, they acquired the rights in talking about a tribute. It was made by the realisator of The Artist and OSS 117, in 1993, with one of his bro. Wikipedia page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Classe_ … ine
The
movie has been diffused only once on the TV, and isn't legal anymore. only foundable on Internet, with english subtitles. (I know, I write a lot ^^ but I thought that it was important to present this unknown movie).

3 : A medium length from the same team, in the same context, but just shorter and almost unknown in France.

4, with no specific order :
Lost In Translation
OSS 117 (The first)
Hot Fuzz (very subjective for this one, I think I overestimate it a little)

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 5:14pm

NemNems

NemNems

6 posts

The wikipedia page didn't work : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Classe_américaine

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 11:15pm

Lanod

Lanod

28 posts

RENT beats em all

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:47pm

AvengedSevenfold11

AvengedSevenfold11

529 posts

My faves are typically Medeival/ancient/fantasy Action movies.

LOTR, The Hobbit, Gladiator, 300, Braveheart, Robin Hood, Ironclad and many more!

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 5:12pm

spinmove

spinmove

25 posts

Requiem for a Dream
Natural Born Killers
American Psycho

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 8:51pm

JuicyFruits

JuicyFruits

171 posts

Forrest Gump was pretty good, but I recently saw The Green Mile and was blown away.

Those are both amazing. And Tom Hanks is like the greatest. But, I like love The Hobbit! So I guess it's The Hobbit. Its pretty hard to decide though.

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 8:36am

rocky10199

rocky10199

67 posts

Monty Python's Holy Grail
Monty Python's Life Of Brian

Both absolute genius, undeniably the best films ever.
Also the Back to the future trilogy.

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 12:48pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,791 posts

It was LOTR,now it's Night at the museum.

DUM DUM,did you bring me gum gum?

That scene made NATM my favourite.

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 1:01pm

boppins

boppins

535 posts

Administrator

5th Element
Matrix
Aliens

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 11:49pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Hotrod was pretty excellent. That stands out for now, but that was also the last movie I saw.

Les Miserables (the musical version) for being a musical, The Hobbit for being relatively the best action film I've seen in a while. I'm really anticipating The Hobbit: There and Back Again, since I'm guessing that's when they'll deal with the Necromancer and all that fun stuff. Inception was pretty good. I've been hearing a lot about the Star Trek movies recently (especially with the second coming out soon ). I'll probably watch the first one soon and like it, and go and watch the sequel when it comes out. For historically-kind-of-inaccurate-but-dang-awesome movies, I'd go with Gladiator and Ip Man. And, of course, Up. In terms of horrible but hilarious movies, there's always Rubber and Kung Pow.

Reply to Favorite movie of all time?

You must be logged in to post a reply!