ForumsThe TavernAny good life lessons you've learned in AG?

18 5194
Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Not sure if there exists such a thread like this or not, but what I want to talk about here is: Are there any good life lessons you've learned from this site and its users? Tell it here.

-Jeff

• 18 Replies
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,775 posts
Chamberlain

Well maybe not life lessons but I have certainly learned allot about various things such as computers and upgrading computer parts. I have learned many a thing here but that comes to mind first and I can't think of anything else from the top of my head but they're there.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The first thing that comes to mind for me is "Are there any life lessons that can be learned from Armor Games?" You might glean some knowledge, but I don't think it ever gets so deep as to be life-changing. I haven't changed a lick because of stuff on Armor Games and I've had an account for almost five years now. Then again, I'm older and wiser that I used to be and I have learned life lessons from other sites before Armor Games. But I don't know. Armor Games doesn't really seem to be a place that gets that deep into the tough stuff, mainly because it's largely a young male audience.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Specifically from this site? This was probably one of the first places where I truly recognised that consistent, longstanding investment in a community is recognised and appreciated, and returned with respect, even if not in an immediately obvious form.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

That I should not create training logs on flash gaming sites.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I learned that I should never log off on my account on my main computers. (Almost lost my account a few months ago because of a glitch.)

Jeff1999
Jeff1999
1,356 posts
Farmer

Well, they don't exactly have to be life lessons. Just... let me show you an example: I learned alot of HTML, I learned how to be nice, I learned why I shouldn't join this site if I'm younger then 13. Something like I just said.

-Jeff

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

Don't get too involved with online communities, or else you'll never be able to leave.

That, and people on the internet think they know everything just because they have all the knowledge in the world at their fingertips.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Don't get too involved with online communities, or else you'll never be able to leave.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Another thing I have learned is that being addicted to the internet makes you more like a hermit, so just an advise for the younger users, wasting time, DON'T DO IT! Keep trying to fulfill your dreams!
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-06PVMEPjiuM/T7KEAlM3-AI/AAAAAAAAB8o/er8Fn7cntik/s1600/2012+7-16+PM.jpg

Also, I learned that too much time on the computer messes up your eyes. I can't see anything 20 feet ahead of me and not see blurriness.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Another thing I have learned is that being addicted to the internet makes you more like a hermit, so just an advise for the younger users, wasting time, DON'T DO IT! Keep trying to fulfill your dreams!

I'm just doing it to pass the time until high school ends. I have no intention of staying here long after that.
Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Use a proxy for your ne'er do wellings.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You will never leave us! Mwahaha!

I have no intention of staying here long after that.

Psh..I'll be staying for quite a long time =p
StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

I learned that some people can't take sarcasm unless you put smileyfaces around it. In the beginning, I think I made some people hate me. Since I hate being hated, I now use smileyfaces in almost every post. Better to be overcompensating then to be hated!

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

Better to be overcompensating then to be hated!

I hate people who use smileyfaces in their posts.
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Psh..I'll be staying for quite a long time =p

I probably won't have time once I'm in college, considering I'm hoping to have some form of a social life once I'm there.

I hate people who use smileyfaces in their posts.

I know right?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I have no intention of staying here long after that.

That's what they all say.

You will never leave us! Mwahaha!

Believe me, I've tried.
Showing 1-15 of 18