yourawesomeness

yourawesomeness

100 posts

HOENN!

Posted May 28, '13 at 1:45pm

yourawesomeness

yourawesomeness

100 posts

*sorry. I didn't mean to make it 2 separate posts.
Hoenn was my first and favorite.
I also have serious beef with Unova. They took random items and stuck eyes on them and ended up with complete BS like co***rigus and foongus. they also brought back pokemon so old some of my younger friends thought they were knew, pokemon like mareep and its evolutions, budew and its evolutions, zangoose and sviper, wailmer, and beldum. many of these were from Hoenn, which is another reason I love it. Hoenn and Johto revolutionized pokemon, they created one after the other after the other. it also had a sense of story, more than any other. objective? to stop Team Magma/Aqua and the them from flooding the Earth/drying up the oceans. it also had the widest variety of terrains I have seen.
In case that tirade wasn't clear...
ONE VOTE FOR HOENN!

Posted May 28, '13 at 1:47pm

yourawesomeness

yourawesomeness

100 posts

it censored the word CoFrigus,
just to clarify...

Posted May 28, '13 at 2:51pm

bigjacob

bigjacob

456 posts

SINNOH, SONS!

Yeah, I'm going to be the only one voting for that region...

Posted May 28, '13 at 9:58pm

ChromeDeathRazor

ChromeDeathRazor

279 posts

I also have serious beef with Unova. They took random items and stuck eyes on them and ended up with complete BS like co***rigus and foongus.

Not this again... Well, like they did with an iron ball, bunged 2 magnets and slapped an eye on it and,,, tada! A pokemon!
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k515/ChromeZard/Magnemite.png

And not to mention, we had a sombrero duck guy back in 3...

But hey, don't get me wrong, Magnemite's my favourite you know? I raised him up to a Magnezone and me and him both kick butt in the game...

And in Cof@grigus defence, he's more based on tales of Egyptian afterlife and Pharaohs that believe in it, thus that coffin thing has a very Pharaoh-ish look to it and being a ghost type.

And dude, Foongus/Amoongus was a Unova's version of Voltorb, who is also basically a Pokeball with a pair of eyes slapped into it...

they also brought back pokemon so old some of my younger friends thought they were knew, pokemon like mareep and its evolutions, budew and its evolutions, zangoose and sviper, wailmer, and beldum. many of these were from Hoenn, which is another reason I love it.

That's why we love Black and White 2. One reason why I grabbed my copy is because I heard that you can catch both Riolu and Magnemite way early in the game.

Hoenn and Johto revolutionized pokemon, they created one after the other after the other. it also had a sense of story, more than any other. objective? to stop Team Magma/Aqua and the them from flooding the Earth/drying up the oceans. it also had the widest variety of terrains I have seen.
In case that tirade wasn't clear...

Yep, true, for Hoenn only in my opinion. Johto really did not do much in changing the game (Only introducing eggs, shinies and IV's) but Hoenn did the most by introducing a lot of crucial stuff like Natures, EV's (Changing the stat exp mechanic back then), contests and other fun stuff like battle frontier.

But I say Gen 4 broke the ground for competitive battlers like me, by introducing a WI-Fi Battling system, meaning I can challenge a wide variety of peeps all around and whats more, Gen 4 made Gyrados from weak to Usable.
(They changed the combat system. For example, all Water type attacks in gen 3 used special attack and Gyrados has very little of it and high Physical attack. Now, All attacks are grouped into 2 types, Physical and Special)

Story wise, no offence, I feel that Maxie and Archie are just crap of villains in my opinion... And their goal is just bloody weak, again in my opinion. I mean, flood the world or dry up the world?

What kind of achievement can one gain from that? Power? Money? The Enslavement of Mankind and Pokemon?

Sides, at the part where they screw up the blue orbs and the red orbs together, I was faintly laughing... I mean, how stupid one can be? This is a kindergarten kind of puzzle...

Sides, I do much prefer Team Rocket back then; They were more Bad@ss and cruel than these cat-eared clowns and pirates their and Giovanni is a much more Evil and cold villain, who sees Pokemon as nothing but tools and money.

Also, Cyrus is a power crazed nutbag, whose goal is to control GOD and rule the world, crushing anything that gets in his way.

And lastly, we have Ghetsis, who is heartless to both Pokemon and people alike, and even brainwash and betrayed his only son when is goals are destroyed.

Any ways, this is just my opinions, don't try to take it too hard.

I still think Hoenn is one of the best but since I don't really judge games on stories, I am not going to just bump of Hoenn because of their villains.

But still, my favourite is Unova, no changes.

(But by the way, do you by any chance play Gen 5? I'm kind of itching for a battle..:) )

Posted May 31, '13 at 1:09am

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

Gen 5 is the only one I currently own. I have White 1, and Black 2.

-Spirit

Posted May 31, '13 at 2:13am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,914 posts

i have to ask: WHAT ARE WE VOTING for?

he asked about the region but that can mean many things... story, pokemon, map.

so in my opinion (and sorry for voting again but im gonna make sure i vote for all sides)

story: hoen
pokemon: kanto
map: sinnoh

Posted May 31, '13 at 2:12pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,786 posts

WHAT ARE WE VOTING for?

Favorite pokemon region.

Posted May 31, '13 at 11:37pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,799 posts

I don't pokemon. So I have no say.

Posted May 31, '13 at 11:38pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,799 posts

Actually, I have a favorite though, so which one is Kyogre from?

Reply to The Weekly Poll (current poll: pg. 62)

You must be logged in to post a reply!