Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

The Weekly Poll (current poll: pg. 88)

Posted Nov 24, '13 at 9:45am

TheMostManlyMan

TheMostManlyMan

4,741 posts

Whilst Halloween and birthdays happen to be the same for me, I'm going to go with Christmas because of more presence, decorations and time off of school.

Posted Nov 24, '13 at 10:24am

UnleashedUponMankind

UnleashedUponMankind

6,776 posts

B...b...b...b...b... birthday, cuz that one is rly personal.

Posted Nov 24, '13 at 2:12pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

6,539 posts

Birthday or halloween or christmas.....birthday or christmas....um....uh.....I choose christmas, because there's always days off around then, and I go visit some cousins that don't even live in this state that give me both Christmas presents and birthday presents becauseI don't see them anyway.
Yep. Christmas.

Posted Nov 24, '13 at 8:41pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,396 posts

Knight

I choose Christmas. Not Christmas day itself, but the entire Christmas season that precedes it. All of the other holidays last one day and then you forget about them for another year, but during Christmastime, the hype builds up so much before the actual holiday that you forget that the first 24 days of December aren't Christmas.

You don't see nothing but birthday movies every day for a month before your birthday. You don't hear Halloween music on most radio stations, even on Halloween itself. And you definitely don't see people putting up April Fool's Day decorations. There is no holiday in our society that equates to the powerhouse of a holiday that Christmas has become. Yes, for the past century or so, it's been a capitalist Hallmark time of year. But it's also the happiest time of year, and if we have capitalism to thank for that, so be it.

I'm going to go with Christmas because of more presence

You mean there's more current existence or occurrence during that time of year?

Posted Nov 25, '13 at 3:20am

bingu77788

bingu77788

473 posts

Birthday c0z that time I get t0 ch00se what I want.

I d0nt get t0 ch00se 0n Christmas.

0's for o's.

Posted Nov 25, '13 at 3:32am

danielo

danielo

1,748 posts

W0w. 1 d0nt th1nk 1 c0uld have f1gure 1t 0ut by myself.

I say birthday. Because im jewish. So i dont get present in chrismas. .

Posted Nov 25, '13 at 3:34am

Skeleton_Pilot

Skeleton_Pilot

1,316 posts

"It's the most wonderful tiiiiime of the yeeeeear!"

I love everything about Christmas... the Christmas spirit, Christmas music, the joyful holiday cheer... even the worst Christmas movies ever made are watchable during this jolly time of year!

I don't have children yet, but when that day comes, I'll surely enjoy watching their faces light up when they open the gifts Santa Pilot has brought for them on Christmas morn! =)

Posted Nov 25, '13 at 4:16am

Fuzio

Fuzio

65 posts

Everyone is dressing up in funny costumes...... Halloween!

Posted Nov 29, '13 at 3:56pm

Pieguyme

Pieguyme

1,002 posts

April Fools day. The entire day is dedicated to pulling awesome pranks on people....not that I don't do that anyway...BUT STILL! That's the one day you have a reasonable excuse if your victim does not think the prank funny.

Posted Nov 29, '13 at 4:29pm

0Shane0

0Shane0

125 posts

Christmas, Halloween, Birthday, April Fool's Day in that order.

I've never really got the point of AFD seems incredibly pointless to me.

Reply to The Weekly Poll (current poll: pg. 88)

You must be logged in to post a reply!