Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

The Weekly Poll

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 2:53am

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

And they can actually hurt people. Fun Fact: Dogs eat more people yearly than wolves.

Because their owners are incapable idiots. And because dogs are used to humans. Stray dogs also cause a big damage to the local wildlife by chasing deer, for example. Though to be fair, cats kill way more animals, birds and such. Plus, if need be, cats will feed off from your corpse, while a loyal dog will stand by your side.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 3:29pm

blk2860

blk2860

3,686 posts

A. Cat 5
B. Dog 11
C. Bird 2
D.Goldfish/Fish 1
E. Reptile 3

while a loyal dog will stand by your side.

Not when you're dead. Eventually they'll get hungry and eat you to the bone.

and outdoor cats devastate local wildlife populations. They're both animals, and cats can be incredibly vicious, my friends grandmum had cats that took out a coyote.

Mostly Birds (Which are annoying.) and Rodents (Which are pests) Neither of those dying would be a bad thing. Birds don't pollinate flowers or anything and Rodents steal your food. Also Coyotes kill people. You should be thanking her cats.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 4:19pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

Not when you're dead.

Yes, also when you're dead. Some do at least. Again, I guess it depends on how well the dog was trained.

Mostly Birds (Which are annoying.) and Rodents (Which are pests) Neither of those dying would be a bad thing. Birds don't pollinate flowers or anything and Rodents steal your food. Also Coyotes kill people. You should be thanking her cats.

Birds spread seeds through their feces, and rodents are a basic food ressource for many an animal (and they sometimes also spread seeds, like squirrels). Too many cats definitely will hurt an ecosystem. Too many dogs will do so, too, to be fair. Best is to keep both domestic dogs and cats away from wildlife.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 4:25pm

Squidbears

Squidbears

652 posts

Mostly Birds (Which are annoying.) and Rodents (Which are pests) Neither of those dying would be a bad thing.

Neither of those dying are bad? Cats are listed as part of the top 100 most invasive species in the world. They're credited for the extinction of 33 bird species... as well as reptiles and rodents. Source
Cats continue to kill, even if they're fed by their owners, its not like they're innocently hunting some pests, they're devastating ecosystems.

Also Coyotes kill people. You should be thanking her cats.

The point was that cats can be vicious. you said they weren't.

Not when you're dead. Eventually they'll get hungry and eat you to the bone.

Dogs are some of the most loyal animals on the planet. The internet is full of stories of dogs remaining by the side of their dead master (without eating them I may add)
Story 1
Story 2

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 2:52pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,912 posts

Plus, if need be, cats will feed off from your corpse, while a loyal dog will stand by your side.

am i the only one who doesnt think its wrong to eat a dead body? the reason i wouldnt do it is because its gross but not eating a dead body out of loyalty isnt loyalty, its stupidity. i personally would rather my friend would eat my dead body so he could stay alive.

ive read about a cat who kept bringing food for his dead cat friend for a week hoping he would wake up.

The point was that cats can be vicious.

any animal can be vicious. ive met more nice cats then nice dogs in my life. if your going to say that a bad dog is only made by a bad owner i can say the same about cats. perosnality and education are the things that determine the animals behaviour and just like humans, every cat or dog has his own personality.

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 3:42pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

Sure, but dogs are way more easily trained than cats, with few exceptions. By that I mean that training is a major component in dog behaviour.

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 7:08pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

Sure, but dogs are way more easily trained than cats, with few exceptions. By that I mean that training is a major component in dog behaviour.

I have a cat and you don't really need to train them, I got the cat back when he was a kitten and basicly all you have to do is keep him off where you don't want him to be, and put his litter/food/water in a spot they can reach.

Posted Feb 11, '13 at 8:50pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

3,549 posts

Hey blk...

I suggest shortening the voting period to 5 days. As these last two days there are no votes coming in...

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 5:57am

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,912 posts

trained in what way?following orders? meh. you take a cat home and put a sandbox there and he immidiatly knows thats where he does his things. its easier to train dogs and there are more dog trainers BECAUSE they actually need to be trained.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 3:32pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,939 posts

Knight

Trained in the sense of learning how to behave in different situations; not necessarily the ball-fetching kind of training. For example, dogs should be trained not to attack random people on the street, while cats are left to roam and do whatever they want. You may say this is good because they are more independent, or you may say this is bad because you have no control of what your animal does outside. Depends on your viewpoint.
But cats also need to be trained about food and defecation issues, to a certain degree.

Anyway, I didn't even vote yet, so I'll vote... birdspider. Just because.

Reply to The Weekly Poll

You must be logged in to post a reply!