Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

The Weekly Poll (current poll: pg. 69)

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 3:50pm

thebluerabbit

thebluerabbit

2,915 posts

Trained in the sense of learning how to behave in different situations; not necessarily the ball-fetching kind of training. For example, dogs should be trained not to attack random people on the street, while cats are left to roam and do whatever they want.

havnt heard of a cat attacking someone on the street. usually its the cats who have better behaviours, not the dogs.

But cats also need to be trained about food and defecation issues, to a certain degree.

actually, dogs would eat any junk they think they can eat. cats are much more picky about their food and usually dont eat something that kills them

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 4:02pm

Squidbears

Squidbears

652 posts

havnt heard of a cat attacking someone on the street. usually its the cats who have better behaviours, not the dogs.

You obviously have some kind of blinders on. Cats scratch and bite people all the time.

cats are much more picky about their food

That's why they devastate ecosystems to the point of causing the extinction of species. (See my earlier posts)

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 4:23pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,006 posts

Knight

Usually, because cats are much smaller than an average dog. But don't let that delude you. Have a look at this, this and this.

actually, dogs would eat any junk they think they can eat. cats are much more picky about their food and usually dont eat something that kills them

Cats 'play' with anything that moves, without necessarily eating it. Not much better.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 4:34pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,213 posts

Cats 'play' with anything that moves, without necessarily eating it. Not much better.

It is better because thats an advantage to exercise your cat instead of having to walk it. I've seen a dog eat poop so I know what I'm talking about.

You obviously have some kind of blinders on. Cats scratch and bite people all the time.

Yet they only do it to play or if they're being threatened. Dogs do it just because they feel like it.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 4:41pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,213 posts

It's already Tuesday, are we going to change?

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 4:43pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,006 posts

Knight

It is better because thats an advantage to exercise your cat instead of having to walk it. I've seen a dog eat poop so I know what I'm talking about.

At least they eat dead things instead of wreaking havoc among the living. Also, walking your dog is good exercise for yourself. Many people don't have dogs because they just can't take the time. Again, this is subject to personal likings. But the cats ecological influence is not to be simply discarded.

Yet they only do it to play or if they're being threatened. Dogs do it just because they feel like it.

Hah, good one. Domesticated dogs mostly attack when threatened, cats attack on a whim. Refer to my links above.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 5:04pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,213 posts

instead of wreaking havoc among the living

Pay attention to dogs more, cats aren't the only ones.

At least they eat dead things

You're saying things that cats also do.

Refer to my links above.

Yes I've read them but I also found out years ago, that cat's will mostly do that because the owner or whoever it's attacking could've been treating it wrong.

Look man, I'm not saying that cats are better, I'm saying that cats and dogs basically act the same way.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 9:51pm

Somewhat49

Somewhat49

1,608 posts

I gotta say my cat is pretty much an idiot when it comes to not eating stuff that's bad for them, he'll eat almost anything that can be chewed.

Hah, good one. Domesticated dogs mostly attack when threatened, cats attack on a whim. Refer to my links above.

Ive had encounters with both domesticated types of animals attacking me, both were for no reason, and I gotta say I cant really say which was worse.

The dog that attacked me only bit me, and didn't let go and the amount of power they have is quite scary when it's being put to use on keeping your arm for itself.

The cat was light and didn't have that power, but it's claws are so sharp that they'll tear you up 2x more then you realize at first since you don't really feel the scratches.

Now undomesticated cats I never had a problem with since they just run away unless they're cornered, but undomesticated dogs are quite a problem going in groups down the streets and generally biting anything.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 3:06am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,006 posts

Knight

Look man, I'm not saying that cats are better, I'm saying that cats and dogs basically act the same way.

Agreed, despite their differences they're somewhat similar. Birdspiders win! Next poll ^^

Posted Feb 15, '13 at 8:01pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

2,873 posts

Isn't there supposed to be another poll this week?

Reply to The Weekly Poll (current poll: pg. 69)

You must be logged in to post a reply!