Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

super bowl sunday

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 5:14pm

daleks

daleks

3,706 posts

seeing that my top 4 made it extremely far in the playoffs.

Ya. Since the Bears got to the playoffs.
Sarcasm.

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 11:46pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,037 posts

Knight

I'm glad the Ravens won. Collin Kaepernick (is that how you spell it?) is kind of irritating... I mean, he acts like it's a huge deal if he picks up three yards... I just don't like him.

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 11:54pm

vinster132

vinster132

6,093 posts

Honestly, the 49ers defeated themselves in this. As much as I like them, they blew up the 1st half. Bad management there at the end of the 1st half, Kaepernick was taking up too much time. 20 seconds is a lot when you're coming down the wire but he just threw those seconds away like they were nothing. Overall, it was a good game. I feel like it was rigged it bit but the Raven defender holding Crabtree on 4th and goal. Although, hey I'm a 49er fan. And I'm not a bandwagoner. I was there when Alex Smith was still horrible, when they had Nolan Smith as coach.

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 1:19am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

So I guess I shall talk about the commercials..eh? haha

So..definitely better than last years (saying as how most of last years were normal local commercials)..but nothing special at all.

At first..they seemed promising (though was it just me..or did Budweiser not have as strong of a presence as they normally do?)..then came a trickle of commercials from the broadcasting channel's own shows...which eventually became more frequent, along with some local commercials (though..they were at least, for the most part, better than usual)

For the commercials that I would call "Superbowl commercials"..they just didn't come through with much prowess as they used to, in my opinion. Before..when the commercials came in..that is when everyone (football lovers or not) would hush down and watch them to see what they were. This year..my family watch a few..then we all sat around the kitchen table and played a board game (Imaginiff..very good game. I recommend it)..but don't worry..I kept a close eye on the TV so I could still watch...and judge..the commercials

The one that really grabbed my attention was the Budweiser commercial with the horse and its trainer..and them reuniting after 3 years. Though..it was either shown multiple times..or was shown before the Superbowl..because when it came on my mom made sure to get everyone's attention because of how much she loved it and wanted us to watch it all as well (oh..and TV doesn't rewind..so it isn't like she saw it then rewound the TV so we could watch it again).

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 9:38pm

vinster132

vinster132

6,093 posts

The one with the dodge car/farmer one was really long and everyone in my family was like get to your point man.

Remember Crackin' Gangnam style? Oh god...

Posted Feb 4, '13 at 10:05pm

xXxDAPRO89xXx

xXxDAPRO89xXx

5,974 posts

Haha I liked both Doritos commercials (the goat and the man party), the Toyota genie, and the nerd kissing the supermodel xDD

Reply to super bowl sunday

You must be logged in to post a reply!