ForumsWEPRBees disappearing?

21 5469
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

Any of you who have watched the news have heard about the recent disappearing of Bees in America. The strange thing is that not many of the dead bee bodies can be found. Why is this happening? Is it our fault or a freak Natural disaster?

My theory is that it may be a new pesticides since many honey farm are near crops maybe it affected them. Some scientists say that a certain type of pesticide can be affect the bees ability to get to hive again. so they die outside the hive because they find there way back.

• 21 Replies
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Hey, have you seen the "Cell phone," thread? It actually talks about speculations on why these bees are disappearing. They suspect that radiation is the cause of it all, but you are free to post your opinion on it!

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well maybe it means the bees are extincting! D:

imcol2
imcol2
9 posts
Nomad

albert Einstine once said "if bees become extincted man will follow in 4 years" so this is a serius matter for us

armorfighterXg10
armorfighterXg10
44 posts
Nomad

wtf. maybe becouse its not spring. or mabe there gone on holiday or moved somewere.
bees are bees it wouldve been better if it was wasp. becouse i hate them.

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

Actually Bees are vastly more important than most people think. They help pollinate flowers and crops and all that. I am too lazy right now to post a long post on it so...uh....RESEARCH IT YOURSELF.

StraightJaketMan
StraightJaketMan
619 posts
Nomad

I've heard of that...I think it's because of the rise in temperature. Something to do with the rise in climate starting off spring too early for the bees to pollinate with no flowers budding at the time of their awakening... Or they're just too busy playing "Bee Dodger!"

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

i dunno, maybe they got fried by bug zappers, and the body was incinerated

JustLacrosse21
JustLacrosse21
248 posts
Nomad

GOOD!.....i hate being stung....even though then flower wont exist either........nothing for my girlfriend on her birthday.....

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I saw on the news about how beehives keep getting stolen. Farmers need them to help fertilize their crops, and the prices on them have been rising. So people have been resorting to the theft of bees.

stumpyyy
stumpyyy
173 posts
Nomad

I dont think that radiation can throw off bees?????

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

yeah and why do we need bees anyway?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

Seriously?? That's like 3rd grade science right there. Bees pollinate a tremendous amount of flowers. Humans also enjoy eating their vomit for some reason.

gra
gra
28 posts
Nomad

its because the farmers are putting some liquid on the edges of the bee hives (the thing the bees get put in) that sort of makes them get drunk, and then they just wander off but if they don't add the liquid they'll all wander off even faster. this is called CCD (colony collapse disorder).

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I don't think it's real

Mummy1
Mummy1
81 posts
Nomad

How is it happening?

Showing 1-15 of 21