ForumsWEPRBees disappearing?

21 5474
LordBob
LordBob
517 posts
Nomad

Any of you who have watched the news have heard about the recent disappearing of Bees in America. The strange thing is that not many of the dead bee bodies can be found. Why is this happening? Is it our fault or a freak Natural disaster?

My theory is that it may be a new pesticides since many honey farm are near crops maybe it affected them. Some scientists say that a certain type of pesticide can be affect the bees ability to get to hive again. so they die outside the hive because they find there way back.

• 21 Replies
Mummy1
Mummy1
81 posts
Nomad

is it true?

TotalReview
TotalReview
803 posts
Shepherd

First, I'd like to say the news is probably over exaggerating it. I mean there could be a loss in bees but I could just see a news anchor say "Wow, everyone, this is absolutely stunning. We are losing so many bees and scientists are trying to figure out why. What would you think if they went extinct? Huh? Call 1-800-FUN-TIME to answer!"

Also, are some of you that stupid to not know the importance of bees?

ialwayswin
ialwayswin
777 posts
Jester

eh we won't run out of bee's. And yes it is a bad thing if they die.

Strat
Strat
107 posts
Nomad

I heard that the bee population is suffering due to a virus.

Aaaand, a quick google search seems to confirm this.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/09/06/bee.disorder/index.html

Ricador
Ricador
3,722 posts
Shepherd

I am not necessarily convinced that it is a virus. That seems obvious but i dunno.

But if CNN proves it then PSSSHHHH it just has to be true don't it. Excuse my skepticism towards CNN, i just don't like Liberals, especially the ones that smother, obscure, and hide the truth. I am not saying that all they do is lie make diabolical plots, and i am just saying, just because Strat linked to CNN saying that, it is not necessarily right.

But either way this is bad. Bees pollinate all sorts of crops, and of we don't have crops we die. Simple as that.

Strat
Strat
107 posts
Nomad

Haha, Ricardo, you've got to understand that CNN isn't the original source of the information. All I did was plugged "bees + virus" into google to try to confirm what I read a long time ago, and it brought up a lot of hits, and I just chose one of them arbitrarily. Each of those news articles refers to scientific research that has been done to try to get at the bottom of this mysterious bee disappearance.

Showing 16-21 of 21