ForumsThe TavernFruits

37 8884
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Well I checked and there doesn't seem to be any active threads with this topic. So here it goes.

Anyways, I was eating some sliced green mango with lime, salt, and some other stuff. And I got the idea to make this thread. To talk about fruits you all love and hate. Different recipes that include fruits such as shakes or foods.

I love fruits; daily I will have at least 3 different types, in different ways. I'm also always making some crazy stuff in the blender.. xD

Btw green mango is a bit sour, and it's usually eaten in south and central america (Not sure if anywhere else). I love it. There is also ripe mango, they are a bit bigger but I usually prefer green since the ripe ones are kind of sweet.

Anyways, discuss away .-.

• 37 Replies
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

green mango with lime, salt, and some other stuff

You can afford that?We can barely find lime in my country,but green mango?
Anyway,my favourite fruit probably would be bananas or strawberries.I haven't eaten any strawberries for a while.Sour cherries and apples are great too.Sour cherries are,well,sour,but I love sour food.Apples are just overrated.I eat more veggies,I eat veggies every day.I eat more veggies than fruit.All in all,bananas and strawberries are my favourite.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

You can afford that?We can barely find lime in my country,but green mango?

It grows in abundance in south and central america so it's not the expensive. Actually we can pick them right from the trees themselves .-.

my favourite fruit probably would be bananas or strawberries.

I like using bananas a lot in milkshakes in stuff. Alone they are meh. Strawberries I can only eat them fresh and in the flesh. I hate shakes and mostly anything else that is strawberry.

I also eat veggies as well but that should be left for a thread about vegetables. :P

Oh I eat sometimes eat lime alone with either salt or this really good chile mixed with lime and salt powder thing. It's great.

I know I'm weird, but I've been eating lime alone since I was like 5.. xD
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Fruits...

I have a few favorites ^^
Strawberries
Watermelon
Raspberries.

Sadly Raspberries are only good in the summer... :P

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Sadly Raspberries are only good in the summer... :P

Man do I love raspberries xD. Especially black ones. I remember once in some mountains I was on vacation. And there were a lot of these plants everywhere. The thorns are annoying but the fruit is great when freshly picked n.n Especially since they're already cold from the cold climate.

Watermelon is fine, I can eat a whole one in a matter of minutes, doesn't fill me up considering it's just mostly water xD.

Again strawberries. I only like them as fruits and fruits alone. Can't have them as anything else.

Another of my favorites is kiwi and pineapples. Man do I love these. I just can't handle the acidity after 2 or 3 kiwis. It's too much and starts to eat away at your mouth xD. Pineapples are different though they also cause damage to your mouth after eating a lot I can handle them. I love making shake that include pineapple as well.

Sometimes I'll just make pineapple with water and ice. That's it. Best thing ever.
sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Sorry I forgot to mention a fruit that's easy to find in Latin america that I love as well, besides passion fruit. It has many names, though some of the most famous names are genip, mamon, or spanish lime. I love it.

It kind of has an outerlayer that you peel off and inside is a nut that is covered by the pulp itself. It can be sour or sweet though, I usually pick off the greener ones .-. I also love eating this with the chili/salt/lime powder thing. :P

I have yet to try Dragon fruit.. I want to so bad though xD

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

tomatoes, (or is that a vegetable?)

Nope it's a fruit. The common misconception is because it has a low sugar content compared to all the other fruits so it's not really sweet. xD

(My tongue starts getting a lot of red dots when I eat too much though.)

Yes this is your tongue beginning to get irritated, at a certain point it'll damage your taste buds as well.

I've only tasted the red ones. I didn't know the black ones tasted differently.

They do, but not much, they have less actual fruit on it, but you can tell the difference in taste. At least for me anways.

If you haven't already you should try Star fruit. It's really good.

I also want to try this. :P There are many ''exotic'' fruits I have yet to try.
SaifurRahman
SaifurRahman
70 posts
Blacksmith

Saifur's favorite fruit is apricots. Saifur's worst fruit is persimmons.

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

persimmons.

Really? They're basically just like sweet ripe mango. xD What is it you don't like about it? Usually you should eat them when they're extremely ripe.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Where is R2 on this?

My main 3 fruit..my trifecta..are apples, grapes, and plums

sourwhatup2
sourwhatup2
3,660 posts
Jester

Have you ever tried out any exotic fruit? Or are you more of a fan of regular everyday fruit? Though I'm not gonna lie green apples and green grapes I love. (Yes I love everything that is more sour than sweet, I think I've covered that, lol.)

It sounds as if I'm a fruit aficionado. xD

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Ohhh fruit topic. You've unleashed a beast my friend.

Mostly I've thought fruit are strange items, as you've probably seen in a couple fruit threads in the past.

My favorites are: Grapes, black berries, and don't know my third.

Where is R2 on this?

Would have gotten here earlier if I didn't get caught doing things last night .
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

Man do I love raspberries xD. Especially black ones.

Black ones? You mean blackberries? (I don't like those)

But when I go back to Montana/Wyoming I need to try Huckleberries!
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Man do I love raspberries xD. Especially black ones.

There are golden ones too(but they're just yellow,not made from real gold) and they taste like red ones(aldo I never ate them:P).
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Grapes have always been a favorite. Especially those green ones. Yum.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Grapes have always been a favorite. Especially those green ones. Yum.

I have grapes in my yard.Hazelnuts too.At every beggining of September,we get grapes.Oh,and I have the blue ones.
Showing 1-15 of 37