ForumsThe TavernHELP

9 2563
tiger25691
tiger25691
159 posts
Farmer

Ok so my pc laptop wont start up into the login screen. I will turn it on it will start up normal than it says that windows didn't start successfully and it gives me 5 options on how to start up the computer 1. safe mode 2. safe mode with neworkinig 3. safe mode with command prompt 4. last known configuration (your most recent setting that worked) 5. start up normal. I have tried ALL of these options and they all just end up restarting the computer back to that screen with all the options on how to start my laptop. If someone can tell me what the prob. is and give me some advice on how to fix that would be VERY nice.

• 9 Replies
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

The problem could be anything. Kind of hard to narrow it down.

What happened before the problem started?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Does your laptop have a manual reset?

spikeabc
spikeabc
1,666 posts
Jester

do you have anyone in your family that knows how do to it?
can you get a professional?

well idk. looks like you should just take it to bust buy and give them a crack at it.

tiger25691
tiger25691
159 posts
Farmer

It just starts up normally and takes me to that screen. yes my computer has a manual reset

j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

It sounds like something with the BIOS you're probably going to have to take it in or reformat it. What are the specs (hardware and software)?

tiger25691
tiger25691
159 posts
Farmer

Thats what i was afraid of reformatting it. Specs are model: HP compaq nc8430 2ghz 3 gigs of ram 80 gig hard drive running windows xp.

j_c_mooncity
j_c_mooncity
1,060 posts
Nomad

It's old and it's running XP. There's a 95% chance you're gonna need a new computer, sorry.

tiger25691
tiger25691
159 posts
Farmer

I bought this new right out of the box 6 months ago why would it already die on me?

greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

Sorry, I was thinking of the wrong comp.

Odds are it's XP. XP is pretty much complete crap at this point in time, it's horribly insecure. You may have a virus. I'd say your best bet is to reformat or buy and install windows 7.

Showing 1-9 of 9