Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

boy scouts and their antigay campaign

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 3:03pm

Lanod

Lanod

28 posts

I am a boyscout, however i hate their antigay policy i was wondering if any other scouts wanted to weigh in on this

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:36pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

What anti-gay policy? I was a Boy Scout for about a year and was never aware of this. By the way, kids don't typically realize they're gay until well into puberty. Boy Scouts are boys.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:39pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,473 posts

What anti-gay policy?

They're banning openly-gay Scout Masters.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:42pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

They're banning openly-gay Scout Masters.

Ah. Makes sense.

Isn't that self-explanatory though? I mean, that's a big and necessitous precaution.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:42pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,473 posts

Scout Masters

nvm. All memebers in general.

link

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 8:57pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,740 posts

Isn't that self-explanatory though? I mean, that's a big and necessitous precaution.

How so? Just because someone is gay doesn't make them a pedophile. And just because someone is a pedophile doesn't make them a molester. You're jumping a few steps.

All memebers in general.

Correct.

Their reasons, as far as I'm aware, are that they are a Christian organisation that believes homosexuality to be immoral.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 10:43pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

Their reasons, as far as I'm aware, are that they are a Christian organisation that believes homosexuality to be immoral.

That and a widespread, poisonous misconception that gays are more likely to be pedophiles.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 10:46pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

How so? Just because someone is gay doesn't make them a pedophile. And just because someone is a pedophile doesn't make them a molester. You're jumping a few steps.
That and a widespread, poisonous misconception that gays are more likely to be pedophiles.

My sarcasm doesn't translate very well. I was making satire of the pedophile Scout Master stereotype.

Posted Feb 2, '13 at 11:10pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

My sarcasm doesn't translate very well. I was making satire of the pedophile Scout Master stereotype.

Well, sarcasm or not, it is something a lot of people actually believe.

Posted Feb 3, '13 at 12:01am

Lanod

Lanod

28 posts

it sucks that gay scouts are kicked out

Reply to boy scouts and their antigay campaign

You must be logged in to post a reply!