Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

boy scouts and their antigay campaign

Posted Feb 16, '14 at 10:14am

09philj

09philj

1,879 posts

The world organisation of the scouting movement describes Scouting as

...a voluntary nonpolitical educational movement for young people open to all without distinction of origin, race or creed, in accordance with the purpose, principles and method conceived by the Founder (Baden-Powell)..." "It is the goal of Scouting "to contribute to the development of young people in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potentials as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local, national and international communities.

Posted Feb 18, '14 at 9:17am

romrafan

romrafan

1 post

why do ppl had to be gays anyway? I mean it's a mental problem if one organism preferred the same organism with the same sex

Posted Feb 18, '14 at 10:00am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,299 posts

Knight

Naw, I'm pretty certain there is evidence that throws doubt into the ''mentality'' argument. :3

Posted Feb 18, '14 at 10:09am

09philj

09philj

1,879 posts

a mental problem

Problem? How is it a problem?

Posted Feb 18, '14 at 10:45am

FishPreferred

FishPreferred

1,560 posts

Problem? How is it a problem?

It could qualify as a problem if it were widespread in an endangered non-hermaphrodite species, but not in any other scenario.

Posted Feb 18, '14 at 3:55pm

ellock

ellock

389 posts

While I do not agree with their banning of homosexual people from participation in boy scouts. It is a private company, and as such, could turn away people if they so desire. I think they should allow gay people, but I don't think they should be forced to allow gay people and I do not think they should be forced to accommodate just because the LGBT community is in an uproar about it.

Posted Feb 18, '14 at 4:25pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

2,534 posts

While I do not agree with their banning of homosexual people from participation in boy scouts. It is a private company, and as such, could turn away people if they so desire. I think they should allow gay people, but I don't think they should be forced to allow gay people and I do not think they should be forced to accommodate just because the LGBT community is in an uproar about it.

That would be fair, if the boyscouts were actually a private organization. The boyscouts actually receive government subsidies, and usually receive access to government funded facilities for free, or incredibly low prices. These places involve schools, courthouses, military forts, and so much more.

For them to act like a private company when they want to exclude people, but act like a public service when they want money is dishonest, and shouldn't be allowed.

-Blade

Reply to boy scouts and their antigay campaign

You must be logged in to post a reply!