ForumsWEPRboy scouts and their antigay campaign

116 45879
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

I am a boyscout, however i hate their antigay policy i was wondering if any other scouts wanted to weigh in on this

• 116 Replies
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

How is it the right thing to hold irrational prejudice toward a group of people? The issue shouldn't be whether a group has the right to exclude people it doesn't like, it should be about the discrimination.

What gays do is like going out of your way to just anger the god.
So yes I hate them.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

What gays do is like going out of your way to just anger the god.

1) What they do has nothing to do with God.
2) They aren't choosing to feel that way.
3) If God is angry with how they are, he should save us all the trouble and shoot himself, since he made us all supposedly.
4) They aren't doing anything wrong.

So yes I hate them.

You hate them for absolutely no reason at all, other than simple bigotry ingrained to you by religion.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

You hate them for absolutely no reason at all, other than simple bigotry ingrained to you by religion.

all it what ever you want but I hat them, period.
greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

You hat them, I thought hat was a noun.

But seriously, religious prejudice is one of the biggest excuses for hate. Don't most religions say "love all as god would"?. People like you are why I left the church.

thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

You hat them, I thought hat was a noun.

But seriously, religious prejudice is one of the biggest excuses for hate. Don't most religions say "love all as god would"?. People like you are why I left the church.

I am not the church guy.
I am a masjid guy.
greenpeople2007
greenpeople2007
399 posts
Nomad

Masjid, church, temple, whatever, most religions harbor hate.

BOT: I understand that there may be a legitimate reason to keep out specific individuals, but disallowing an entire lifestyle group out of a public organization goes against basic rights. Religion is no reason to deny a person their basic rights, nor should it ever be.

Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

gays have rights and according to the constitution all men are created equal, but apparently that only for all straight men

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

WEll that's enough reason for me.

Would a plain statement of hatred be reason enough for the people in blue text to take action against?

I don't care if you're "trolling" or not, but you're venturing onto very thin ice regardless. Opinions and arguments are one thing, any hate-posts are another, and they are not welcome here.
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

thank you strop

Masterforger
Masterforger
1,824 posts
Peasant

Of course there is a religious person here. -_-
If homosexuality is unnatural, why has it existed for the length of mankind? Another oversight of the supposedly all-knowing and all-wise God?

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Of course there is a religious person here. -_-

hey hey hey, not all religious people are close minded and hateful :P

also, i wonder how he would have taken it if they banned muslims from the boy scouts. this is a whole new level of hypocrisity (spelled wrong?)
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

If homosexuality is unnatural, why has it existed for the length of mankind?

Not to mention the fact that it exists in species other than homo sapiens. There is a whole list of animals that display homosexual behavior.... Maybe God just done goofed.

hypocrisity (spelled wrong?)

Hypocrisy
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Not to mention the fact that it exists in species other than homo sapiens.

Good point.
You know, homophobia, not homosexuality, is a behavior that's exclusive to man. If people really want to call something "unnatural", they might want to take that into account.
HUA7XFan122396
HUA7XFan122396
80 posts
Jester

Half the scouts in my troop were gay. But, I quit a couple years ago. I have other gay friends, but I honestly didn't like any of them, not because they were gay though

Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

i feel its similar to racial discrimination

Showing 16-30 of 116