ForumsWEPRboy scouts and their antigay campaign

116 45876
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

I am a boyscout, however i hate their antigay policy i was wondering if any other scouts wanted to weigh in on this

• 116 Replies
Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

I feel that the ban/law/whatever is unjust to gays.

Now, I may have christian-ish views on homosexuality, but they shouldn't be banned from participating with other boys or being leaders. I'm totally agreeing with what's been said about gay leaders. Just because they're gay doesn't mean they're a pedophile or a molester. And I'm pretty sure a majority of those are straight in the first place.

Now, if they had a stat that said "Gays are 75% more likely to try to romantically/sexually interact with scout boys" I could understand the hesitation and ban.

....but no such stat exists. It's a simple matter of homophobia.

Get over it, I mean really. Again, I've got those christian-ish views, -ish because I don't hate/despise gays, but I've got plenty of gay guy and girl friends, and they're awesome.

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Now, if they had a stat that said "Gays are 75% more likely to try to romantically/sexually interact with scout boys" I could understand the hesitation and ban.

actually gays are 100% more likely to try to do that since streight guy has a 0% chance of doing that since streight guys DONT LIKE BOYS lol. but i think i understand what you were trying to say.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

actually gays are 100% more likely to try to do that since streight guy has a 0% chance of doing that since streight guys DONT LIKE BOYS lol. but i think i understand what you were trying to say.

No, child molesters, regardless of whether their victim was male or female, overwhelmingly identify as heterosexual.

Link

It doesn't directly say the stats but if you do a little in depth thinking you can get a clear picture.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

what? how does that make sense? if a GUY sexuality molested a BOY how is he not classified as gay?

Wyrzen
Wyrzen
325 posts
Peasant

what? how does that make sense? if a GUY sexuality molested a BOY how is he not classified as gay?

Being gay isn't just sexual attraction, it's also romantic (I'm assuming, I'm straight).

Older men who molest are just searching for a way of sexual gratification, they aren't actually 'attracted' to the boys, per say.

It has nothing to do really with being gay or straight.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I can only assume it's not about just a sexual attraction. Those are the statistics though. The vast majority of child molesters are heterosexual males. 40% of child molestation victims are male. I assure you that it is impossible for the minor amount of homosexual child molesters to account for 40% of ALL child molestation.
thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

I can only assume it's not about just a sexual attraction. Those are the statistics though. The vast majority of child molesters are heterosexual males. 40% of child molestation victims are male. I assure you that it is impossible for the minor amount of homosexual child molesters to account for 40% of ALL child molestation.

i get that. it still doesnt really make sense.... what do they count as a homosexual? wyrzens post makes it a little bit more logical... but if they are straight why didnt they attack a girl in the first place?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

. what do they count as a homosexual?

People who are homosexual.

but if they are straight why didnt they attack a girl in the first place?

My guess is it has to do a lot with opportunity and some sort of power trip. I'm not really knowledgeable in the specifics.

Anyways, my point remains. Homosexual scout masters are no more dangerous than heterosexual scout masters. Molestation incidents are already happening and homosexuals already aren't allowed. More are not going to happen if they allow homosexuals to be in scouts.
Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

but if they are straight why didnt they attack a girl in the first place?

because **** is not aggressive sexuality, it is sexualized aggression

My guess is it has to do a lot with opportunity and some sort of power trip.

I'd be inclined to say the same.
SubZero007
SubZero007
883 posts
Peasant

This matches my policy with anything to do regarding gays, or anything to do with personal rights or beliefs for that matter. The policy: as long as whatever they're doing doesn't effect you, they have every right to continue doing what they're doing. As soon as it starts effecting other people though, then they should have to stop. Sexuality shouldn't haven't anything to do with Scouting anyway.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

As soon as it starts effecting other people though, then they should have to stop. Sexuality shouldn't haven't anything to do with Scouting anyway.

But in some people's minds...a person's sexual orientation does effect them (such as offering a distraction, offending them, etc)
TheGenovesan
TheGenovesan
65 posts
Nomad

i get that. it still doesnt really make sense.... what do they count as a homosexual? wyrzens post makes it a little bit more logical... but if they are straight why didnt they attack a girl in the first place?

I'd guess it was to do with their sexual orientation. It might not matter to them whether they're boy or girl, as long as they're children. I reckon that the figures kasic got to do with most pedophiles being heterosexual could be to do with them also being attracted to the opposite gender that is their age but not the same gender that is their age.
Doombreed
Doombreed
7,022 posts
Templar

If I may say, this thread is about boy scouts and their policy regarding homosexuals. I think it is getting off topic. The discussion is interesting and I would sincerely like to post myself about it but it unfortunately belongs to another thread.

BTW:

**** is not aggressive sexuality, it is sexualized aggression

The best thing I read in this thread! So right. I never thought it like that.
ironblade41
ironblade41
514 posts
Shepherd

I think it's a good rule. It's just for the safety of the kids.

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I think it's a good rule. It's just for the safety of the kids.

Implying that homosexuals are more dangerous than heterosexuals. It's discrimination, not safety. The very same arguments used against homosexuals were used against people with darker skin. It's safer if they're somewhere else. They don't deserve the same things. One is lesser than the other. They shouldn't go to certain places. Etc.
Showing 46-60 of 116