Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

boy scouts and their antigay campaign

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 5:26pm

samiel

samiel

355 posts

Then stop advocating discriminatory policies.

I don't  believe I ever said I was.

You didn't really state any facts. All you did was say things should stay the same because some problems will probably occur at first.

I don't believe I said they should stay the same either did I?
Anyway my point is bigots will cause problems people get sued people get hurt and a bunch of other things I don't want things to stay the same things suck homosexuals are discremanated against and a BUNCH!!! of other stuff I don't want to get into but back to my point the boyscouts would have to carefully craft safety nets against lawsuits and other such nasty things and it would probably take like 5 years to initiate and they would still be forced to suffer bigotry.One more thing Kasic don't misunderstand what i say please?

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 5:30pm

samiel

samiel

355 posts

Odd I think I messed up my post sorry folks let me try again

Then stop advocating discriminatory policies.

I don't  believe I ever said I was.

You didn't really state any facts. All you did was say things should stay the same because some problems will probably occur at first.

I don't believe I said they should stay the same either did I?
Anyway my point is bigots will cause problems people get sued people get hurt and a bunch of other things I don't want things to stay the same things suck homosexuals are discremanated against and a BUNCH!!! of other stuff I don't want to get into but back to my point the boyscouts would have to carefully craft safety nets against lawsuits and other such nasty things and it would probably take like 5 years to initiate and they would still be forced to suffer bigotry.One more thing Kasic don't misunderstand what i say please?

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 8:15pm

TheGenovesan

TheGenovesan

66 posts

the boyscouts would have to carefully craft safety nets against lawsuits and other such nasty things and it would probably take like 5 years to initiate and they would still be forced to suffer bigotry.

I personally think they would/should be having more lawsuits against them for banning homosexual people from joining boy scouts. So they'll be around other boys doing boy scout things. What's the problem there? Something homosexual will happen between 2 boys? That could happen anyway boy scouts or not, so should we separate them from the rest of society??? Banning them just becuase of their sexual orientation is a load of bull. They are just like us, so why the hell should we treat them so differently?

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 2:18am

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

I was going from the assumption that samiel meant someone getting offended because another person found out they were a homosexual, and thus gave that as an 'obvious' reason as to why homosexuals shouldn't be in scouts. Because bigots are offended by them.

It seems I shouldn't post late at night(even though I'm doing that again.  The part after the quote in my last post wasn't actually the point I was trying to make, I forgot that part it seems.

What I was originally going for was that someone who is offended by who or what someone is, and says/does something about should even be labeled a bigot or the act called discrimination.  Not including people with power to effect others(government, companies, etc.) such people should be completely ignored, on that topic anyways.  Maybe not totally ignored, the first time or two someone should definitely try to point out their error, but if they keep going then they should be ignored.  As Stephen Fry said, its just a whine with no meaning or purpose, and should thus be ignored.  Once upon a time I would have agreed that its discrimination and they are bigots, but that just gives them attention they don't deserve.

Posted Mar 2, '13 at 2:20am

Moe

Moe

1,780 posts

And so my late night mistakes strike again, sorry for the double post.

something about should even be labeled

Should say " something about it shouldn't even be labeled".

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 5:40pm

Doombreed

Doombreed

437 posts

I personally think they would/should be having more lawsuits against them for banning homosexual people from joining boy scouts.

Lawsuits are extreme. They are not illegal. Although most of us here agree that this policy is totally out of step with today's world, as a group, the boy scouts are allowed (unfortunately) to "choose" their members. They have chosen to put sexuality into that matter. I think they are retarded to say the least, but unless an effective way can be found, this policy is untouchable by regular people like us.

They are just like us, so why the hell should we treat them so differently?

They are like us. But not like the people who hate them and treat them differently.

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 3:35pm

P0rchm0nkey

P0rchm0nkey

5 posts

For me, Antigay, all the way. That's what I believe and no one can change that

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 4:14pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

That's what I believe and no one can change that

Are you open to questioning about why you feel that way?

Posted Mar 12, '13 at 6:40pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

Are you open to questioning about why you feel that way?

That's what I believe and no one can change that

no he cant change himself.

Posted Mar 13, '13 at 4:00pm

P0rchm0nkey

P0rchm0nkey

5 posts

I can ask the same about anyone who is against what i say, it would just be a ongoing battle of words. I find it funny how people will post this stuff and others get there panties in a bunch if they get offended. Does being Gay offend me? NO. I just don't believe that were were made to pack each others fudge or eat each others toast. Really it a matter of why do people become so worried about what others think. There was a post that simply read

"boy scouts and their antigay campaign"

I felt to just make a very simple comment and just about proved a point with out even saying anything other than antigay all the way, there will always be someone pushing there beliefs on others. Me, I am not pushing my beliefsI am just stating that I am antigay. Nothing big is it? Did I offend someone by saying that? Probably. Do I care no.

Reply to boy scouts and their antigay campaign

You must be logged in to post a reply!