Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

afterlife

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:29pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

well the reasons I believe what I believe is that I feel something called the spirt or feel the holy ghost and the only way you can feel those things is to go to a true church.

Besides every religion having people claiming to have such feelings I have found people claiming similar feeling from watching science fiction. There are others still who have had such feeling by having magnetic stimuli directed to certain areas of the brain.

Besides this feelings can be a very inaccurate way to determine reality.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:40pm

Blairlarson

Blairlarson

93 posts

Well everybody fells the spirt in their own way.

Posted Feb 12, '13 at 11:51pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,776 posts

Knight

the only way you can feel those things is to go to a true church.

It really doesn't help credibility when you change your story from your last post.

Also this still leaves the issue of how feeling are poor indicators of reality. You can't say something is true because of emotional bias.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 12:00am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,438 posts

So when a Hindu walks into a mondir and feels it, God's deceiving them into worshipping and believing in the devas?

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 12:01am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,438 posts

mondir

*Mandir

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 8:40am

partydevil

partydevil

5,123 posts

Or he could just be one of those many sadistic and powerhungry gods that only want humans to worship him and give him sacrifices.

i hope i have free will in heaven. then i coud always just say FU god, i'll go check out lucifer. he might just aswell be a nice guy.

maybe thats why we have 7 billion people now. no souls want to be whit god anymore and have choosen to return back to life. =P

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 11:33am

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,261 posts

Knight

maybe thats why we have 7 billion people now. no souls want to be whit god anymore and have choosen to return back to life. =P

This somehow touches one of the reasons why I think reincarnation cannot be more than a nice idea.. population fluctuation doesn't reflect either a constant number of individuals, nor a continual increase due to "new" and "old" individuals.

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 3:22pm

Masterforger

Masterforger

1,856 posts

This somehow touches one of the reasons why I think reincarnation cannot be more than a nice idea.. population fluctuation doesn't reflect either a constant number of individuals, nor a continual increase due to "new" and "old" individuals.

What if reincarnation covers animals too? What with so many species disappearing, could very well be the souls. Not to mention reincarnation may cover the whole universe.

Posted Feb 14, '13 at 4:36pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

5,261 posts

Knight

If reincarnation covers all animals, think of all the myriads of insects. Even when assuming only higher vertebrates, there are still millions of mice and such. Unlikely.

Or think of it this way, for reincarnation to work, the process of reincarnation after death is dependent on the events on earth (or other planets), dependent on "vacant places" created by reproduction. Would that mean that it could theoretically be possible to reach a sort of limit, where no being can enter the world until the next one dies? Or are then new beings created? Then why even have reincarnation?

Posted May 18, '13 at 10:03am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

was your grandfather a atheist?

Reply to afterlife

You must be logged in to post a reply!