ForumsNews and FeedbackAG Search (What is Happening with This?)

10 4317
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Usually I search the forums on AG by going to Google and typing
"[search term] site:armorgames.com/community"
Recently I've noticed that my searches don't pull up many results (when before the searches seemed far more thorough). Maybe because the move to AG3? What's happening?

• 10 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The search has been improved to filter out irrelevant games.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

That should mean that nothing of the community url should show up, but I'm not very well versed on the subject, so I could be wrong. :P

I've read similar sounding material. The bots creep the sites to put on Google.

The search has been improved to filter out irrelevant games.

I'm talking about searching the forums through Google. I used to do it a lot to avoid duplicate threads or to see where I have posted in the past. Recently I have notice much less results, thus jeol's explanation, which sounds very plausible.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm talking about searching the forums through Google. I used to do it a lot to avoid duplicate threads or to see where I have posted in the past. Recently I have notice much less results, thus jeol's explanation, which sounds very plausible.

I thought you meant game results in the search. I send Google reports on stuff all the time and they write back sometimes. They told me they're trying to reduce the amount of game results when searching for "Community" because I complained. :P
boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

We do indeed block /community in our robots.txt file.. but we have just discussed this, and decided to allow search engines back in. The issue before were spammers clogging up our forums hoping to get their links some visibility, but we have better mod/admin presence now to deal with it (thank Ferret!)

Anyway, it will probably be a few days before (google) searching is really viable.

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

Wait! Please! No! Have mercy!

These same bots would make one thread every couple minutes every day. We would wake up to find several fora hit with pages upon pages of ads! We may have more mods, but ****ed if we can maintain watch every few minutes of every day.

boppins
boppins
774 posts
Bard

Well if it begins again we will take measures

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

These same bots would make one thread every couple minutes every day. We would wake up to find several fora hit with pages upon pages of ads! We may have more mods, but ****ed if we can maintain watch every few minutes of every day.

What's the panic? You guys can handle it freak ol' boy! That's your job.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Well, I would say that I'd rather not have the Google search in order to avoid such a ridiculous amount of spam.

Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

i wouldn't worry. I'm sure they have a plan of action if it does happen again.

Showing 1-9 of 10