Forums

ForumsProgramming Forum

Need Help Creating a Security Protocol for Computer

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 11:03am

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Hi there fellas, how's it going? I am worried about my computer's security.
Nothing is wrong, i have multiple security programs, however i want to develop my own security protocol for my computer. It'll work similar to programs such as AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials etc.

I have literally only had about 5minutes free time to post this and get a rough idea on what i want it to do, so here it is:

Security protocol program for my laptop:

- If any changes are made to the computer that is are not traditional changes made by the OS, computer will pause all processes (with exception to security programs and important processes) and give all info on the change including where the change is coming from and ask the administrator if the change is acceptable (simple yes/no answer)

- If not, the computer will direct all security (AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials, Firewall etc) to contain and delete the change, with the admin's permission. If it is an acceptable change, the security protocol will add it to the list of acceptable programs.

- List of allowed programs, processes etc will be available to change, using an encrypted password the administrator creates, this means when the option arises to add a program to the list of exceptions any process activated with the authorization of the program will be allowed through the protocol without questions and the password will be so that nothing/nobody can add exceptions to virus programs etc. However this does NOT mean it is allowed through other security programs such as AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials without question, it will still have to go through their protocol. // In other words, this is just another line of defence to my computer.

As you can see, i want to develop quite a complicated program, but only to highten the security on my computer. I hope somebody can help, even if it's just pointing to a website that gives advice about this.

Please don't give any skeptical answers such as &quotointless" etc, if you have any opinion on this project, give it in a structured form with advice i can use to improve the integrity of the project.

Thanks fellas!

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 5:30pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Read this.
Then this.

Now, the links will only shed some light on the subjects. Unless you have direct access to your computer's software and are able to change it, there isn't any way you can do this.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 4:40am

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

I don't think those 2 links give me the info i need on the question i'm asking :O

The first link talks about password protected programs (i'm talking about a program similar to AVG that moniters changed made to files and folders)
The second link talks about a piece of software that automatically deletes everything when it is turned off, which i also don't think is relevent :O

I don't think you quite understand what i'm asking about, i'm asking for info on developing a program that monitersfile changes within programs and alerts the user when a change is being made that is not in the list of allowed changes.

Thank you for the input though, if what you have put IS relevent, then please tell me because to be fair i have literally just woke up :P

Chunc.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 6:18pm

chuncster

chuncster

24 posts

Just found an answer, from yahoo answers:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130205075956AAsOBFs

Chunc.

Reply to Need Help Creating a Security Protocol for Computer

You must be logged in to post a reply!