Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

New Moderator: kegaumongo

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 9:41pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,498 posts

Knight

That's pretty cool. Probably will see some more mods come up this year.

Maybe, I thought this was unexpected, so I can see one or two more being added.
Will they ever cut mods from the team?

They've done it in the past, but they probably won't cut any of the current ones (unless they request it). They still pop up every once in a while (expect Asherlee, haven't seen her in probably over a year).

There's not any real harm in having them still as mods, but I guess new users will find it confusing when they go on one of their profiles and find that their comments are locked or they don't respond, since the description mentions "helping users".

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 9:43pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,702 posts

Knight

Congrats! One of the more mature and reliable ones here.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 1:01pm

Ferret

Ferret

9,024 posts

Administrator

Welcome kegaumongo!

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 2:39pm

Bronze

Bronze

2,454 posts

Congrats kega! And good luck.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 4:06pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

10,108 posts

First off..congrats to kega!

Second..whether they meant it or not..this is also a great strategical move for AG. Before, all the mods had a pretty large count on posts..which could give new users a false thought that to be a mod you have to have a lot of posts and be around the site a lot. With kega as a mod (sub 500 post count) it throws a wrench into that thought process and shows that it isn't the activity that counts..but the maturity

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 8:53pm

soccerdude2

soccerdude2

1,718 posts

Congratulations kegaumongo! Keep making those great seasonal armatars along with your mod duties!

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 8:50am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,946 posts

Congrats kegs!I think she'll take care of community really good.

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 9:06am

dragonball05

dragonball05

1,800 posts

Yes! Another artistic mod. I hope modly duties don't distract from current art output Good luck with the power you now have. Don't let it consume you!

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 9:16am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,498 posts

Knight

Second..whether they meant it or not..this is also a great strategical move for AG. Before, all the mods had a pretty large count on posts..which could give new users a false thought that to be a mod you have to have a lot of posts and be around the site a lot. With kega as a mod (sub 500 post count) it throws a wrench into that thought process and shows that it isn't the activity that counts..but the maturity

The how to become a moderator thread (I think the help page as well) does mention being a consistent member of the site for 12-18 months and having a minimum amount of games rated, comments, and forum posts. They don't quantify those numbers, but how they wrote it out makes it sound like a lot more than ~500 for community participation.

As for the "maturity" part (quotes because they seem to define maturity by 18+ in the moderator thread), that probably made the decision. I mostly saw her(?) in the AMW posting drawings and I don't think that's enough to make a decision on "maturity", but after browsing for a few minutes it seems like the conversations between her(?) and MrDayCee made it. She(?) mentions being in her(?) late 20's and they seem to chat a lot off-site.

Either way, it's always nice to have new/more moderators (especially one who can draw so well, they may ask her(?) to make armatars...). It also shows that they still care for the community.

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 7:32pm

jeol

jeol

3,964 posts

The how to become a moderator thread (I think the help page as well) does mention being a consistent member of the site for 12-18 months and having a minimum amount of games rated, comments, and forum posts. They don't quantify those numbers, but how they wrote it out makes it sound like a lot more than ~500 for community participation.

That thread was made by Cormyn, right? This is just a guess, but the process is probably a little different now, especially with a new CM being ferretious around the forums.

Reply to New Moderator: kegaumongo

You must be logged in to post a reply!